New to this

daltonshirley68

Hi I just got a 92 civic hatchback cx I have a stock engine don't have much money but would like to make it go faster

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll be the bad guy.

Not going to happen. The little engine in your car was built and tuned for GAS MILEAGE. To make it faster you need either a bigger engine swapped in, build the hell out of the internals, or you need to boost it through turbo or supercharger. None of which is good for someone that doesn't have much money as the cost goes up pretty fast. Simple bolt ons (exhaust, intake, header, etc) are a waste of money power wise as they don't do much of an increase in the way of true hp that can be actually felt. Not a good money for the power ratio at all.

I would recommend to either drive the hell out of it and enjoy the gas mileage or start saving up for a swap.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll be the bad guy.

Not going to happen. The little engine in your car was built and tuned for GAS MILEAGE. To make it faster you need either a bigger engine swapped in, build the hell out of the internals, or you need to boost it through turbo or supercharger. None of which is good for someone that doesn't have much money as the cost goes up pretty fast. Simple bolt ons (exhaust, intake, header, etc) are a waste of money power wise as they don't do much of an increase in the way of true hp that can be actually felt. Not a good money for the power ratio at all.

I would recommend to either drive the hell out of it and enjoy the gas mileage or start saving up for a swap.
100% agree!

OP, :welcome: to ClubCivic!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its a cx, sohc non vtec. That and faster doesnt exist

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not stock I thought it was but it's not it's a 1.6 vtech d series

Vtec**

ANY D-series motor lacks power. Save your $$$ because you'll be disappointed throwing money at this motor to make it faster.

tony.hiraldo

Once i had a 99 EX Civic D16Y8 Vtec i make a swap of D16ZC SHORT BLOCK and Y8 Head i spend on it like 600 and make it turbo i make 531HP and that little engine surprise almost eveybody

Now sadly i have another civic ex D16ZC wth Y8 heads but non turbo and one integra B18block and b16 heads and i go to meets and stuff on the civic since i beat more guys one the guys i have more power on the integra but hell i love the face's other people make when a single cam crush them

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll be the bad guy.
Damnit, Lethal6! I thought that was my job. LOL

Dalton, he is completely accurate. You would know this if you did even the slightest bit of research being that the same exact question is asked at least every other week on this forum alone and has been covered to death on every Honda forum known to man.

daltonshirley68

So I couldn't get any horse out of it I mean I know this isn't fast but it goes 0-60 in 10 seconds and I beat a s10 that had some upgrades to it so idk

dancam

Registered VIP
How to make it faster cheap: take everything out you dont need. Back seat, passenger seat, plastic trim panels in the back, door panels, dash, floormats, spare tire and jack, only drive with 1/4 full gas tank, go on a diet, remove 2 rearview mirrors, remove interier carpet.
Buy premium gas and advance timing.
Buy smaller tires.
Turn off headlights and radio while racing.
Remove any unnecessary parts like a/c or power steering.
Buy aluminum rims
Cut off your muffler. That will make your car feel way faster and scare your opponents.
Remove wipers.
Buy a smaller battery.
Do a good tune up with new spark plugs wires, dist cap and rotor, new msd coil, turbonater, ebay +10hp chip. Read up online how to reprogram your ecu and do it yourself, its not too hard or expensive, my brother did it.
See! Tons more powa!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say if it runs good, just enjoy it. Keep it clean and well maintained. It will last forever. Maybe focus on handling and suspension. Run it on premium and enjoy the great gas mileage. I do agree, if you want to get more hp out of that engine, turbo.