New Wheels... Are they too big?

JoeDog711

Hi guys. I currently have the stock wheels and tires on my '00 hatch. I'm looking at some wheels on craigslist, the rim and tire sizes are 205/45/16. Will these be too big to fit? I had a bad experience with some 17" wheels about a year ago (rubbing on the inner wall and on the fender) and I'd like to avoid this. Anyone know if they will fit?

Thanks

James315

shouldnt have a problem with them but it also depends on your ride height.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
45 series is actually the recommended size when choosing a 16 Inch tire because it is closes to oem.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It should be a nice fit. Much better than 17's

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I rocked that exact size without problems :thumbs up

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi guys. I currently have the stock wheels and tires on my '00 hatch. I'm looking at some wheels on craigslist, the rim and tire sizes are 205/45/16. Will these be too big to fit? I had a bad experience with some 17" wheels about a year ago (rubbing on the inner wall and on the fender) and I'd like to avoid this. Anyone know if they will fit?

Thanks
Nah, man 16" should fit your car just fine, tires are good size too. i would not go any bigger the 16"

GEE-Zus

I have 205/40/17 on my 98 hatch, I personally don't like them cuz their too big, but it came with the car when I bought it like a week ago, but everytime I drive I'm always looking for potholes to avoid , but you should have plenty of tire space for your ride

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
16" are perfect. And yes, 45 series would be your best option for your ride.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm riding on that exact tire size right now lol. The only problem I ran into was the offset of the rim and it rubbed against a control arm so I had to get spacers for the back tires. I think 16's look perfect =) I've got them on my '00 coupe and love the look. That's as big as I'd go though