New whhhhiiiiipppssshhh (non honda content)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like SRT-4's. I've just NEVER understood why almost every SRT-4 owner has to put eyelids on. 9/10 SRT-4's I see have them. Why??????

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I ran into another srt on my way to the house after JUST buying it, it didnt have eyelids. I see them so much I forget they didnt come with them lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My buddy has an SRT-4, bigger turbo (not sure of the size), running 22psi reliably. I have to say it's a really nice car to drive. it sounds nice too, just helped him install an SSQV-4 yesterday.

EDIT: and he does not have eyelids :lol:

It DOES have transmission problems, and that's a known Dodge / SRT issue. Otherwise it's a good, solid car!

OP, nice pick up! Dislike the eyelids though =P

PS: Moved to 'Members Rides' :thumbs up

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Good luck with the car. I just couldn't stand all the problems that come with having a dodge between transmission to electrical.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haters going to hate

A car is only reliable as the owners, dude had every record since it had 10k on it to today. It has bolt ons and a mail order tune and probably makes more torque than any three civics in this thread combined.

Everyone here knows Ive had many hondas and I still like them, but Ive always liked the gooters and mopar is in my blood, so I did my thing and bought one. Just another neon to go along with my just another civic.
not hating, my best friend has one.
it was nice at first, but within a year the dash had cracked and was falling apart everywhere. the turbo blew after 18k miles. the camshaft sensor i believ went out like 5 times already. the sunroof recently quit working. the tranny sucks. i will admit, its pretty quick but like i said... quality wise its junk. hell, they sell for what a 99 civic does!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
1. haters going to hate
2. A car is only reliable as the owners, dude had every record since it had 10k on it to today.
3. probably makes more torque than any three civics in this thread combined.
4. Just another neon to go along with my just another civic.
1. yep
2. This is a very valid point.
3. meh...
4. yep yep yep

;)

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a bad ride, my neighbor has one ill admit there pretty quick but id never own a dodge. Good luck with it!

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Thanks for all the compliments, everything that is known to be an issue on this car has been addressed and documented. Otherwise I would not have picked it up.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like you've picked up a nice find there. i love srt4's, ive even been looking into picking one up myself. they are a great base to work off of, a huge 2.4L thats already setup for turbo with forged internals an everything. how could you go wrong?

one of my best friends used to have one of these with about $4k into it, it ate mustangs for dinner, and it was fun as hell to drive. he had this 3in straight turbo-back exhaust that exited just underneath the rear driver side door, s**t blew flames when you hit the rev limiter lol. hes sold it since and has owned a 450hp mustang. he still misses that srt4.

emerican

Registered VIP
congrats on it man ive always liked these cars, but all the ones ive seen or known people who owned them they where unrelaible, but its because they werent treated good.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I think what people forget is that cars like these are inherently beat on their entire lives and never taken care of properly. Same thing goes with any "performance" oriented vehicle.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I always wanted to race an SRT4 with my Turbo Civic, I never got the chance :(

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not gonna lie OP, never really liked the SRT4 but its pretty fast, good luck with your build...:thumbs up

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I always wanted to race an SRT4 with my Turbo Civic, I never got the chance :(
my boy in cincinnati wants a crack at it with his turbo LS (his car, my B18a1 from my 93 teg/14b turbo)

he runs 13.7's @ 103 @ edgewater on street tires, not sweating him lol

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think what people forget is that cars like these are inherently beat on their entire lives and never taken care of properly. Same thing goes with any "performance" oriented vehicle.
same thing goes for civics. even worse, most are now hackjobs

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
same here not a fan of neons but i do like dodge cars

Any pics of the bay????