Newb From York, Pa

cb7resurrector

5+ Year Member
Hey all my name's Sean and I drive a 92 SI Hatch. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.

A little about my car:
almost 400k miles on stock Z6
DC header
KYB AGX struts with Drop Zone coilovers.
TSW rims.
New driver side door sitting in my bedroom waiting till spring and Yes the cancer will be taking care of also.

Comments Welcomed.

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gotta love the life of honda's :thumbs up
400k thats impressive

cb7resurrector

5+ Year Member
hopefully this spring/summer ill be putting a new beast in. ;)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
400k. looks good for that many miles..

welcome :thumbs up

BillKisme

IM a Carbon Fiber whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This car is clean beside the little bit of rust. Interior in pretty damn nice to, no cracks or rips either.
If you need anything else Sean you know how to get a hold of me.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wooo lots of miles on that thing!
Welcome to the site... hopefully we will see some progress from you soon.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn 400k? Thats pretty much amazing haha. Any major problems?

cb7resurrector

5+ Year Member
What are you putting in ?
lol. its a secret. but ill tell you this. no its not an h or b series

and not really. one of the rad. hoses went and it started getting antifreeze in the cyl. so i had to put a new headgasket on it but thats about it.

and thanks guys. im new to civics but not to hondas in general. first honda was a 91 cb7 lx coupe 5 spd. so yea. thanks for the comments. =)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
400k? I wanna pics of the odo for proof. :lol:

raybeard

5+ Year Member
The odomoter on this car doesn't show the correct mileage. I gave the car to Sean last fall after driving it for 9.5 years and logging over 250K of those miles. The VSS was not working properly for about 3 years. I didn't realize that the sensor did more than just register the odometer / speedometer at that time. Therefore I didn't repair the damaged connector. After failing emissions in the fall of 08 the wiring was repaired in order to get the car to pass. The VSS connector became a problem in the fall of 05 when the original clutch was replaced with about 290K miles. Bill is correct the interior is in great condition considering this was the car the dog was allowed to ride in. LOL! The odometer should show close to 340K right now. I estimate 20K per year was logged on the car for the 3 years the VSS wiring was damaged. FWIW I beleive Honda improved the VSS connector on the later models as the one I got at the pick and pull was of a better design to prevent water from entering the connector

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: That civic is in better shape then ones with half those miles.

cb7resurrector

5+ Year Member
lol. yea it does. my uncle really took care of it when he owned it. i plan to do the same.

few little updates.
-installed clear corners. (stock dvr side had a broken tab.)
-picking up a c pillar bar? (correct me if im wrong. the one that goes across the rear seat?)
-talking to someone about some gsr lcas w/ new bushings. and a rear gsr sway bar.
-debating on some 1pc projector headlights. (only to use as housing for retrofitted HID projectors.)
-debating weather or not to pick up a new dd and deem the civic a full time project car.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol. yea it does. my uncle really took care of it when he owned it. i plan to do the same.

few little updates.
-installed clear corners. (stock dvr side had a broken tab.)
-picking up a c pillar bar? (correct me if im wrong. the one that goes across the rear seat?)
-talking to someone about some gsr lcas w/ new bushings. and a rear gsr sway bar.
-debating on some 1pc projector headlights. (only to use as housing for retrofitted HID projectors.)
-debating weather or not to pick up a new dd and deem the civic a full time project car.
I would go amber corners not clear.
Also don't use 1 piece projectors... just retrofit projectors into the OEM lights :thumbs up

cb7resurrector

5+ Year Member
i got the clears for my bday. it doesnt really matter to me. my plans are to drop a f22a6 and turbo it. prolly run and h23 or jdm h22 w/ lsd for a trans. just want it to be one hell of a sleeper. and i was thinking about retrofitted the stock headlights but ive seen it done and imo it looks goofy ass hell. just the shape/design of the 2pc headlight/corner with a projector in it just doesnt look right. only way id do a retrofit is into 1pc.

and thanks 1lowcoupe. it is a sweet car to me becasue im building it the way i want it to be and not just fallowing the crowd. tuning cars isnt about who has the most jdm goodies or puts out the most hp or has the craziest body kit. (rare jdm goodies are a plus tho. =P) but tuning a car is about being able to express yourself. sorta like art. if you fallow everyone else your just making copies. and everyone gets tired of looking at copies. just my 2 cents...