Newbie CAI Question: AEM vs Ingen

jUsh

5+ Year Member
Don't know if anyone already asked this question or did a comparison on these two CAI for the 2006 Civic (Si?). I tried looking in the forum but ... couldn't find anything.

Sorry in advance for the newbie question. Thanks.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Their insignificant differences will have no affect on performance. One has an AEM sticker on it and the other has an Injen sticker.

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah. an intake is an intake. you could probably get one from ebay cheaper and just put a good filter on it. the name brand really doesnt matter.

mtt311

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lmfao

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I agree with everyone else. Differences between your $30 ebay intake and your $200 AEM intake are insignificant, if not non-existent.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
stick with the stock housing and throw in a OEM k&n save money, and don't worry about CARB sticker, under 40bucks

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah but then you dont get the cool intake sound hehe :drive:

I say either go with an ebay intake or do the stock housing with the k&n like he said.

madhopz88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
lmfao=laughing my f**king ass off.

Update yourself on internet abbreviations.
haha i know wut that means?. i was askin wut's he laughin his f**kin ass off about? :roll: :roll:

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
uh, actually, if you get the intake from ebay.. and you use that pipe.. it will most defiantely begin to rust within the first couple of rains.

I would just stick with aem.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
..and actually the Injen cold air netted more power on the dyno and causes less maf problems such as the aem cold air..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:
uh, actually, if you get the intake from ebay.. and you use that pipe.. it will most defiantely begin to rust within the first couple of rains.

I would just stick with aem.
rofl? ive had my eBay generic 2 piece intake for months and have driven through over dozens of thunderstorms, showers, massive downpours, etc. and have no rust at all.

but an intake is an intake. eBay generic + aem dry-flow replacement filter ftw

jUsh

5+ Year Member
I did some research online and it says that the AEM intake gives you 15 hp while the Injen gives you 11 hp? Any chances anyone has the dynos for both of them?

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dynod a stock rsx and it averaged about 170hp on 3 pulls or something and with the aem intake the most it got was like .5hp higher and it lost a few ft lbs of torque, the fun part was by the 3rd run with the aem v2 actually ended up losing about 10whp because that pipe gets so hot, stick with the stock box and pipe, its plastic for a reason

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
05 said:
i dynod a stock rsx and it averaged about 170hp on 3 pulls or something and with the aem intake the most it got was like .5hp higher and it lost a few ft lbs of torque, the fun part was by the 3rd run with the aem v2 actually ended up losing about 10whp because that pipe gets so hot, stick with the stock box and pipe, its plastic for a reason
heat wrap it? :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jUsh said:
I did some research online and it says that the AEM intake gives you 15 hp while the Injen gives you 11 hp? Any chances anyone has the dynos for both of them?
oooooo snap the 4hp from will make such a difference :roll:. and need i remind u, dyno's are pretty much controlled environments (excluding the humidity, sea level, etc) in a room so 15hp and 11hp prolly were the most drastic differences out of tons of pulls they put out there.

ppl are so damn picky when it comes to intakes and such. they have to have the blinging "AEM Intake System" sticker or w/e blinging in the engine so F&F wanna-be's would be like "ddaaayyuummm" when u pop the hood.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
lmfao=laughing my f**king ass off.

Update yourself on internet abbreviations.
:rolf: :haha: hahahahahahahhahaha omgggg hahaha

Intakes are all the same. A waste of money. 200 dollars for a cool sound and less HP, yayy!

Difference between AEM and Injen? isn't one carb legal and the other isnt.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

$20

Dryer vent FTW. lol

I've got an ingen CAI and no complaints

jUsh

5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
oooooo snap the 4hp from will make such a difference :roll:. and need i remind u, dyno's are pretty much controlled environments (excluding the humidity, sea level, etc) in a room so 15hp and 11hp prolly were the most drastic differences out of tons of pulls they put out there.

ppl are so damn picky when it comes to intakes and such. they have to have the blinging "AEM Intake System" sticker or w/e blinging in the engine so F&F wanna-be's would be like "ddaaayyuummm" when u pop the hood.
LOL, Dude.

I don't care about the bling-bling. As stated in my title for the post "newbie." I don't even have the body kit, nor would I would really get one, unless I like it a lot. My cars is like my babies, I want to take really good extra care of them. I want to do something small, but I don't get "allowance" from my mommy and daddy, just want to make sure I get the most of my dollar, that's all. So calm down. Just want to ask more experienced modders which brand/preferance they prefer.

Thanks, y'all.