newbie need some help on Turbo

guest167

5+ Year Member
Hi All
I got 97 Ex Coupe everything is factor right now, i have no idea what engine it come with =)
but i was thinking of get turbo kits for it, any tips i need get before get turbo?
i was looking this on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00-HONDA-CIVIC-TURBO-KIT-T3-T4-B18-B16-B20-B17-DOHC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33742QQihZ016QQitemZ260366038906QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

what do u guys think? and i heard if i just install turbo and don't change other stuff in engine easy to blow up?

and i'm thinking have 17 In. Rims do i need to change anything before install 17 in rims?

Thank you much

phong3992

5+ Year Member
Save your money up for a b-series swap.. then turbo that.. or at least save up for a reliable turbo kit, rather an ebay.

About the wheels.. go with what you like man.. There shouldn't be anything you need to do to the car if you find the right fit.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea def dont get an ebay turbo kit tho and yes your D16Y8 will not handle boost that well on stock internals
definitely save for that b series swap

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Save your money up for a b-series swap.. then turbo that.. or at least save up for a reliable turbo kit, rather an ebay.
X2

Ebay turbo isn't your best choice, you get what you pay for and by the end of the night you're the one making the purchase and your build's reliability depends a lot on your choice of products.

guest167

5+ Year Member
any website i can purchase better turbo?

B-Series swap? is that mean i need to get a new engine?

is change new engine might too much for me
because is auto engine anyway so.....

thankx for you guys reply.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its an auto? Then I seriously wouldn't waste money on any kind of turbo kit. The tranny would last as long as the motor maybe less

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
yea def dont get an ebay turbo kit tho and yes your D16Y8 will not handle boost that well on stock internals
i call BS.

you can make 240 whp easily without changing a single engine component out of a D series engine.

Either way, dont turbo you're auto. you will blow the transmission.

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take the 97. and drive it like a grandpa. buy a shell. and build up something good. that way. you dont screw up your dd. and you wont have to rush with doing stuff to the car.

rushing=broken parts/shitty build

6thGenFerio845

5+ Year Member
first off no ebay kit.. second off ive ran a turbo on a stock motor for 70k with NO issues if u keep boost low and drive ur car like a person and not a animal it will last alot longer. if u have any questions on my setup shoot me a pm on aim,myspace,here ect. good luck..

6thGenFerio845

5+ Year Member
i call BS.

you can make 240 whp easily without changing a single engine component out of a D series engine.

Either way, dont turbo you're auto. you will blow the transmission.
100% true ive drove nearly 70k on my STOCK engine with no issues drive like a human and not a a*****e and youll be good forever.