newbie to civics

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
hondata on a stock motor will be pointless. and personally i woudl go with a b16. till you drop the money on a k swap, you can build a b16
Not true. Stock tuning is not the most efficient. And you can get good gains if tuned correctly. For $300 it will get better results than an intake and exhaust combined.

And you can get k20's for 1000 at junk yards. If you are going to pay for a swap then swap it with newer tec not older tech.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want a arm rest on the right side, you just have to swap that part of the console for a ex version. its a direct fit.

As for the hondata, i believe the s300 is like 500, plus tuning is like another 500 for a good tune. My opinion is that it would be a waste. And your right, it would give more than a intake and exhaust since those will give him maybe 8hp if that. the d series motors dont get much of anything besides looks and sounds with bolt ons. If you can find a k motor for a grand, go for it. then tell me where, ill be coming to get one lol

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
if you want a arm rest on the right side, you just have to swap that part of the console for a ex version. its a direct fit.

As for the hondata, i believe the s300 is like 500, plus tuning is like another 500 for a good tune. My opinion is that it would be a waste. And your right, it would give more than a intake and exhaust since those will give him maybe 8hp if that. the d series motors dont get much of anything besides looks and sounds with bolt ons. If you can find a k motor for a grand, go for it. then tell me where, ill be coming to get one lol
Good intake and exaust would be more than $500. And you don't need the s300 unless you have a modded engine.

Car-parts.com

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
True i just dropped 600 on my exhaust. idk. i guess it all depends. either way, both our ideas are kinda a waste of money. the cost vs. hp gain isnt really worth it. he could just swap and pay a little more or about the same and get more hp lol

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
True i just dropped 600 on my exhaust. idk. i guess it all depends. either way, both our ideas are kinda a waste of money. the cost vs. hp gain isnt really worth it. he could just swap and pay a little more or about the same and get more hp lol
Well I think that a dyno tuneis the post bang for the buck and would give better MPG. But I personally wouldn'd waste my money trying on anything mentioned. That is a perfectly good car the way it is. Put some nice suspension and a stereo in it!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^true story right there. suspension and stereo if you have to make that commute. plus if you need to keep auto, your choices are severly limited

sampsas

Well got the stereo already in.... got a 250GB HDD attached to my 7" DVD system so no more radio for me!!!!
What recommendations you guys have for suspension... Someone in a dif forum suggested a ram air system with a CAI...

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Do not get CAI, But a short ram intake is ok. It's really not going to do much of anything though. I would not waste the money,

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only thing you will get from a SRI is sound. what you looking to do suspension wise? stock height, big drop, small drop

sampsas

Ok so We are trying to have another baby so if and when this happens when the baby is born I will be able to take about 6 to 8 months off for parental leave (working in fed gov in Canada has benefits!!) so at that time I would be looking at doing a complete engine swap... Found this enigne for sale.. http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/Acura-Integra-motor!-B18b--auto-tranny---only-9K-km!!-_12063268
Good engine?? ALOT less milage on it then mine....
As for suspension maybe a small drop with 15s instead of the current stock 14s....

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like a good deal. i have never seen anyone swap a auto b series in though.

sampsas

seems like a good deal. i have never seen anyone swap a auto b series in though.
Yeah the only reason for the Automatic is I have had knee surgury 3 times on my left knee and driving a manual tranny is no good for me :(.......

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah. im not sure how much harder that will be. thats the only thing. maybe someone on here has done it before