NGK or Denso

nsane_racer

5+ Year Member
Ok i need some new plugs an was wandering which brand most people think is better. I'm getting Iridium plugs but not sure from which of these two I should buy them. Any peps used both? An have a real notice in the performance?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No you probably wont notice any difference in performance, it's still good to replace your plugs. NGK Iridiums is what I used most of the time.

nsane_racer

5+ Year Member
Ok so has anyone used denso? When I had my motor built they had ngk which worked good for a while but I'm now getting miss fires an detention probs. So I'm really tring for a plug that will last a little longer than a year. Its only driven 3 days a week for like an hour each of those days work an back.. Seems kinda quick for em to be messing up.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just get NGK platinums if you get the cash.. or else always stick to NGK iridiums, check your dizzy cap, rotar, and that all your wires are in good condition, and did you gap the plugs properly?

thyzie

5+ Year Member
you should just stick with the NGK v power they work just the same as any other NGK iridiums
i had problem woth the DENSO iridiums and the DENSO are jsut ths same as NGK

nsane_racer

5+ Year Member
Nah I didn't check the gap they supposta come per gapped: at 40 pretty sure. And I prob. could use some new wires. Motors is high comp. so looking for a really good spark that's why I want iridium

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nah I didn't check the gap they supposta come per gapped: at 40 pretty sure. And I prob. could use some new wires. Motors is high comp. so looking for a really good spark that's why I want iridium
you should double check the gap if you got a feeler gauge. also even the smallest crack (doesnt even have to be all the way through) on the dizzy cap could cause misfires and such so triple check that. test your wires too if you can :what:

nsane_racer

5+ Year Member
you should just stick with the NGK v power they work just the same as any other NGK iridiums
i had problem woth the DENSO iridiums and the DENSO are jsut ths same as NGK
What kind of problems did you have? This is the info I'm looking for. The good an bad.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Even if they come pre gapped you should still double check the gap, I always do and its always f**ked up.

I just have the regular NGK $2 plugs.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
At night, in the dark, you can see arcs of electricity coming off the wires!!
Yeah ive seen that lol.. BUt they have to be superr old sometimes haha. My OEM wires have 150,000 and they are fine.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can do a visual check: go out at night and open your hood and let your engine run. If you see little flashes, or hear pops, you probably have cracked wires and should replace them... this only works if their really bad tho.
to test resistance: use a multimeter that can test for ohms, take off the spark plug wire and touch one probe of your multimeter to one end of the plug wire and the other probe to the other end. if i remember correctly, the wires resistances should be 10k to 15k ohms per foot of length, or something like that. If their over/under they are probably bad.