nice custom work

survivorX

5+ Year Member
anyone here do any custom work on there car themselves that you think looks clean? i'm thinkin of doin some custom audio work in the dash. ill post pics when i do it in the next few weeks

Mike08siSedan

5+ Year Member
anyone here do any custom work on there car themselves that you think looks clean? i'm thinkin of doin some custom audio work in the dash. ill post pics when i do it in the next few weeks
sounds good....what exactly are you gonna do?

keep us posted

survivorX

5+ Year Member
im thinking about putting tweeters in on the sides of the speedometer. im wanting to put it behind the material thats there if possible. if not i will just cut them out

ryanM

sounds like a really bad place for tweeters...

survivorX

5+ Year Member
why would it be a bad place? i thought about where everyone puts them but my civic has airbags there so it wont work there.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Audio components are put in stock locations for a reason, not just for looks.

survivorX

5+ Year Member
yea i didn't plan on putting them in until i tested the sound quaity for the location. i just didn't know if there was another reason besides sound quality

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that is a bad location i dont think there is enough room behind it for one. and if you have an EX or si coupe or si sedan you have stock tweeters on the dash at the corner of the windsheield at the bottom. but you can ount stuff to the A pillar. the airbag is not in there.

this is all the airbags on one side of the car except the steering wheel.

and here is my custom work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DdhQoJC_k4

survivorX

5+ Year Member
ok i thought they were going down the A pillar. my mistake. i have the LX it does have speakers in the corner dash but im going to put subs in and wanted some tweeters for the higher range. ill probably end up covering that quarter glass up then and putting them up there

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, everyone thought that because it says SRS on the pillar lol.

and i think he mean hes going to cover up the stock location and put them on the pillar.

survivorX

5+ Year Member
well i was going to put tweeters in the dash by my speedometer because i thought the airbags were all the way down the A pillers. but now im thinking about covering the front quarter glass with them