nissan engine in a civic project

diz2

I own a 2.5L 05 altima, its cvtec and runs strong.. I told my mechanic i wanted to build a civic with maybe a b20 and a b18 head. He said that i have a very good motor in my altima and i should consider putting that in or finding out if its possible.. Does anyone know or heard of a 2.5l vtec altima engine in a honda civic ek? Its the same engine in the 2002 - 2005 altima. It looks like it might fit and I was hoping here can help me in finding if something like this would be possible?

diz2

y not it would be faster than a b20

diz2

people put nissan se-r engines in civics y not mine? I already have it ect. id be saving money and i think it would destroy any non turbo swap out there.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's no Vtec engine for Nissan... Vtec is only for Honda like mivec is for Mitsubishi and so forth.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It would take a lot of custom wiring and fabrication. Unless you could do it all yourself, the swap would cost you thousands.

And what are you going to do with the Altima after you pull the engine? I say sell the Altima, and build a B20 vtec or B18 turbo.

There's no Vtec engine for Nissan... Vtec is only for Honda like mivec is for Mitsubishi and so forth.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple
Nissan has N-VCT, which is a valve timing control system that advances the cam gear position either on the intake cam, or both. It doesn't change lift duration or valve lift height like VTEC.

Last edited:

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
It would take a lot of custom wiring and fabrication. Unless you could do it all yourself, the swap would cost you thousands.

And what are you going to do with the Altima after you pull the engine? I say sell the Altima, and build a B20 vtec or B18 turbo.
This. It would be a waste u would have more money in it than what its worth

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Trekk

Registered VIP
Umm as a Nissan tech, It's not that great of a motor. Can it be done, sure, is it worth it? Nope.
If i was going to deal with all the hassle of putting a non honda motor in a honda, I'd use a 4G63 or bluebird