nitro on a Gsr

DA9

want to know how big of a shot should i do and wet or dry GSR is (rebuilt to stock standards) all i have right now is the bottle still looking for the lines so if any body has any good info or parts let me know o yea am talking bout NOS

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your thread title says nitro, and your asking about nitrous. I think your confused

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
50 dry, 75 wet on stock internals. thats my input.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
meh idk if i would i go that high of a shot. thats pretty large. i would start at like a 20ish and work up to see what it can handle

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
@ sohclubkid I think you have your dry and wet systems mixed up.

Dry is where nitrous is injected with fuel directly into the intake ports where the injectors go. Wet is injected with the fuel somewhere in the intake track. It is safer to have a higher dry shot than it is to have a high wet shot because nitrous and fuel soaks the intake track, throttle body, and intake manifold leading to a higher chance of nitrous backfires caused by residual nitrous and fuel leaking from your intake track into your cylinders when not at WOT. This is what causes blown engines. Dry (also known as direct port injection nitrous) will have no residual nitrous and fuel left in the intake track and is therefore safer.

20 on wet, 50 on dry. I wouldn't go higher than this because nitrous on a Honda shouldn't be used for more than turbo lag kill or a little more go. It shouldn't be used as a main source of the engines power.

DA9

"got traction" y cant you jus give good info and not try to be smart i said nos at the end thanks anyway. Thanks for the input

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@ sohclubkid I think you have your dry and wet systems mixed up.

Dry is where nitrous is injected with fuel directly into the intake ports where the injectors go. Wet is injected with the fuel somewhere in the intake track. It is safer to have a higher dry shot than it is to have a high wet shot because nitrous and fuel soaks the intake track, throttle body, and intake manifold leading to a higher chance of nitrous backfires caused by residual nitrous and fuel leaking from your intake track into your cylinders when not at WOT. This is what causes blown engines. Dry (also known as direct port injection nitrous) will have no residual nitrous and fuel left in the intake track and is therefore safer.

20 on wet, 50 on dry. I wouldn't go higher than this because nitrous on a Honda shouldn't be used for more than turbo lag kill or a little more go. It shouldn't be used as a main source of the engines power.
you sir are confused. wet is safer than dry. dry shot runs the risk of an uneven fuel/nitrous mixture between cylinders.

Anyway, to safely run nitrous of any sort i hope you have an ems(aem, hondata, ect) cause its just like anything else. it needs tuned

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no more than a 75 shot wet. ive seen lots of people run 75 and be perfectly fine

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"got traction" y cant you jus give good info and not try to be smart i said nos at the end thanks anyway. Thanks for the input
you want good info? Talk to your tuner before you decide to throw nitrous on a car. Dry systems will cause the car to go lean, and wet systems tend to run extreemly rich. You need to have the car tuned for the nitrous, or you run the risk of cracking ringlands.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
So why is it most B series will take another 100-150whp from forced induction but everyone is on the same 75shot bandwagon. Im not a nitrous person.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
you sir are confused. wet is safer than dry. dry shot runs the risk of an uneven fuel/nitrous mixture between cylinders.

Anyway, to safely run nitrous of any sort i hope you have an ems(aem, hondata, ect) cause its just like anything else. it needs tuned
Lol. My bad, yeah, I had it ass backwards. Sorry sohclubkid. :(

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
i had a d17 non vtec that i ran a 75 shot of wet and it sprayed when the acel was at full throttle it was the zex kit and i ran it like that for months untill i sold the kit because at the track it only took 1sec off my time and i used the 600 for other mods. But caused no damage to the motor what so ever and it had 190xxx miles on it.