Nitrous B18B1 setup

thekid01

Posting for a friend. Going B18b1 non vtec, i already have some ITR pistons, planning to use 50 or 75 shot nitrous, i need suggestions on what else ill need, all help appreciated

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What nitrous system are you going to be using? Also which ITR pistons are going to use? USDM P73-A0 or JDM P73-00. There is huge difference in piston dome displacement, about 2.3cc's or so. This can make about a difference of about 0.50CR.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
A good wet injection system will generally come with a set of extra injectors or port injection to give the extra needed fuel. Tune is always recommended with any kind of forced induction.

thekid01

What nitrous system are you going to be using? Also which ITR pistons are going to use? USDM P73-A0 or JDM P73-00. There is huge difference in piston dome displacement, about 2.3cc's or so. This can make about a difference of about 0.50CR.
USDM ITR pistons, still deciding on what nitrous kit to use, I was also wondering what rods should i use, appreciate the help by the way.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Stock rods are just fine up to about 500 hp. First thing that tends go on stock internal honda parts is the ring lands. Honda makes good cast components but they are CAST components.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A good wet kit with WOT switch, grab an ecu ( either chipped or a standalone) I went with the S300 and with a 50-75 wet and a tune, you won't need bigger injectors.

Nitrous is fun and cheap, but it can bite you really hard if you get cocky with it or change jets without a tune.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Thanks do you reccomend any for the cyl head?

If you dont plan on replacing the cams and sticking with the stock components then leave the head alone. Once you upgrade the cams I recommend SuperTech valvetrain, the stuff is bulletproof.

thekid01

A good wet kit with WOT switch, grab an ecu ( either chipped or a standalone) I went with the S300 and with a 50-75 wet and a tune, you won't need bigger injectors.

Nitrous is fun and cheap, but it can bite you really hard if you get cocky with it or change jets without a tune.
What are your thoughts on a dry kit? Thanks!

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B18b rods are not good to 500hp idk where you heard that, maybe gsr or type r rods but not ls rods. Also if your adding 75hp get injectors, idk the b18 injector size but I believe it's 240cc which is pushing it on 75hp forced induction

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
B18b rods are not good to 500hp idk where you heard that, maybe gsr or type r rods but not ls rods. Also if your adding 75hp get injectors, idk the b18 injector size but I believe it's 240cc which is pushing it on 75hp forced induction
I have built a few LS/VTEC's and nonVTEC B18A/B's on stock bottom ends, 2 of which hit 498hp and 523hp respectively. Both had GT35 snails and tuned on Hondata S300. Its all about the tuning. I will admit the 523 blew a piston almost a year later but that was due to the owner turning up the boost and not tuning it to compensate.

It can be done.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What I was meaning was stock block, ls vtec is not stock. I have never boosted a b series so you know more than I do but when I researched a little for a friend I found stock ls were good to 300hp then need rods and pistons. I do know it's all in the tune though, I'm a d series guy and have 222whp d16y8 which everyone says is the limit on stock block but yet I have seen a couple 300whp d16

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are your thoughts on a dry kit? Thanks!

A dry kit without extensive tuning and additional engine mods will result in a catastrophic failure. If you are just entering into nitrous, start with a manufacturer wet kit and controller and the more you learn and get comfortable start to branch out.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
dry kits are designed for stock motor/ mild builds, dry kits are safer to use on a stock setup then wet system need more fueling and extensive tuning.wet system would need more work done on the motor. dry kit just injects nitrous to your intake tract while wet kit is tied into your fuel systme and it sprays a fine mis of fuel and nitrous together into your intake tract making more power. thats the difference between dry kit and wet kit

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What I was meaning was stock block, ls vtec is not stock. I have never boosted a b series so you know more than I do but when I researched a little for a friend I found stock ls were good to 300hp then need rods and pistons. I do know it's all in the tune though, I'm a d series guy and have 222whp d16y8 which everyone says is the limit on stock block but yet I have seen a couple 300whp d16
I consider the LS/VTEC a stock build since it's essentially a poor mans Type R as most know, its all stock internals.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
How much power are you making spooled?
Now, none, I'm building a new engine, blew the turbo on the way up north last year. Went through 12-13qts of oil on the trip. Decided to just pull the entire motor and inspected the bearings, had some significant wear due to low oil pressure at times.

Now I'm on the fence of whether to build another B18 or just dime out for the K swap.

Highest HP on my personal car was around 300HP but I had it tuned for a little less to keep my powerband/torque curve in a specific area. My car has always been a Solo I, II and road racing toy.