Nitrous questions....

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

Little help here. Have ordered nitrous kit. Was wondering what are some safe stages to run 25,50,75,100 stock internals on engine. Have a Walboro 255LPH and Ordering 310cc fuel injectors and AEM FPR and AEM Fuel rail? What would be best bet with this setup. Also looking at Hondata s300 with this. Where is best place to get the injectors AEM FPR and Fuel rail?

Also what is stock Fuel PSI?

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WOT swich, bottle heater, remote opener, pressure gauge, window swich, with bigger injectors you need a full tune. did you buy a wet kit?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use to run a dry kit on my old hatch, motor was stock as f**k, and i ran a 75 shot every weekend, never hurt anything -shrug

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i knew someone who ran a dry shot. everything stock. he went through probably 20 or more bottles. then one day......boom. h22 had a hole in the piston. game over. win some loose some. i just posted what i would personally do

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rule of thumb with using nitrous on stock motors.

Cut your stock HP in half. That's the best and safest nitrous shot that can be used on your car. Let me reiterate 'SAFEST'.

I know a local guy with a 50 shot. He installed it like 4 years ago. Still drives it and probably gotten like 100+ refills. I ran into him at SZ like 25 times this past year, getting his bottle refilled. Doesn't seem like anything wrong with his car. Bone stock, other than the usual I/H/E.

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
i knew someone who ran a dry shot. everything stock. he went through probably 20 or more bottles. then one day......boom. h22 had a hole in the piston. game over. win some loose some. i just posted what i would personally do
Damn 20 bottles isn't bad at all for stock and untuned. Well I am using a stock fuel rail and stock fpr on my si and its boosted on 22psi making 406whp. I don't think its really a must to do those, It is a good idea to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. After that get it tuned and run a 50 shot. I honestly don't like using the bottle. A turbo is much more reliable and its done way more often than nitrous for a reason. I don't know what motor you are using but a decent turbo kit will yeild you better results than just a 50 or 75 shot.

stock d series vtec with turbo-good for about 240whp
stock b series vtec with turbo- good for about 290whp

I don't think you will get those results with nitrous.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you wont need a fuel rail unless your pushing 450+ Hp. Since your doing the S300 route, the tuning is the key. I personally think a 75 shot would be the max i would go. :twocents:

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These are also future upgrades not just now Rail and Fuel injectors and fuel pump all stuff i can decide to keep when upgrade. Where is best place to get Hondata S300 Already in ECU? Well received kit today and bottle will be filled tomorrow morning they said they freeze it overnight so. But jets are missing in box guy said will send them Immediatly for it so. I was thinking starting out with 50hp and then moving to 75 most till build block up to withstand some more the fill on bottle is 57 tax included. Kinda pricy. Completeautorepair.net is going to tune the car for me.

Thanks,
Dereck

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Price of turbo kit is what i cant do right now. Been trying to and also doing full build stroker kit and everything on the All Trac so. Its eating my pants off. But well worth it when pushing 450 at wheels with it:()

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry forgot this is a Wet kit. I feel safer with wet kit than dry have seen friends care die on 50 shot with dry.

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Install is going well here is some of the progress Pretty discrete on install not want exactly obvious.