No Cut Sidemarkers

EKFour

Has anyone ever tried to mount ek9 side markers on their cars without cutting into the fenders? As in shaving off the part that extends from the back, adding a new back plate on it, and tape/silicone the side marker on the fender. I am pretty hesitant to cut into the fender and I do not care too much about it blinking; I just like the way it looks!:what:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy jdm pre painted used fender if you can find them in your color or buy password jdm fenders and paint them

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's nothing to it, cutting the fenders I mean. Just print out a stencil, and go at it with a dremel. And if you really don't want to, you can get the passwordJDM fenders with precut holes. Although they are a bit pricey. But if you don't want to do either, I don't see why you couldn't just cut the backs of the sidemarkers and slap them onto the fender with no problems. I personally love the way my sidemarkers look when I turn on my lights at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just pick some amber side markers from a BMW or something else to hack & mount them instead of buying new ones? You'll save money and get a little custom look, not to mention that BMW markers sit a little more flush if I recall correctly, if you decide on those at all. If thought about adding those myself.

EKFour

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna try shaving down some replica side markers (spec d) for $12. I'll let you guys know how they turn out and maybe do a write up or something

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you don't mind moving them you can also try removing the molding on the fender trimming to fit the marker there

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't put them where the molding goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk