no GREEN BOX LIGHT around the D4 cluster on my 96 civic lx A/T

dc5_dy

no GREEN BOX LIGHT around D4 cluster on my 96 civic lx A/T

i noticed that my 96 civic lx A/T cluster has no green box light around the D4 everytime i put the gear into D4. is that bulb replaceable? or i can switch it on the rest of the gear? (D3 or D2) coz never use those gears. see pics for reference. thanks in advance!

gear is on D4

but no LIGHT on the cluster

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea. Pull the cluster, switch the bulbs. Make sure they work first though lol :thumbup:

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep pull the cluster and use a flathead to pry off where the bulbs are for the shift light, replace said bulb and then before you screw it all back in place just attach the wires and make sure all the lights work and you didn't bump any of the others as they are close to each other

dc5_dy

yep pull the cluster and use a flathead to pry off where the bulbs are for the shift light, replace said bulb and then before you screw it all back in place just attach the wires and make sure all the lights work and you didn't bump any of the others as they are close to each other
nice! do you know what is the part # for the bulb? see below for reference.

i went to HONDA and the guy from parts said he dont know which bulb is for that shift light.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What? He shouldn't have to "pry" anything... They're slip on bulbs man... Pull the cluster out and I'll walk you through the rest. :thumbup:

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What? He shouldn't have to "pry" anything... They're slip on bulbs man... Pull the cluster out and I'll walk you through the rest. :thumbup:

he has to pop off the holder for the bulbs and it is easier to use a flathead to pop it off

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's number 20 in that pic.

I'm not bashing you at all, sorry if off came off that way, I've just never needed to pry on anything when working with clusters, and, I don't see how that would really be a good idea. Just my .02

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is the back of a auto cluster, you can push on the little tabs to try to take off the bulb housing for the light bulbs but it can be a pain to get off its easier to just put a flathead in the slot and pop it off. It doesnt damage anything so your thought about it being a bad idea is incorrect.