No power in gear

92egz6

Ok I got a 92 civic with a 95 z6 swap. I been losing power in first in second gear the most but after I'm in gear the clutch is out and I'm giving it gas it will bog down no power, rpms drop they dont go up with any throttle response, Then it will jump back in randomly, i can take it out of gear into neutral and rev it when it's doing it, I have power revving it and rpms work. I've replaced the dizzy, timed it, new fuel filter, plugs are good, what could it be? Could Iacv make me lose power like that trying to drive? I do have idle problems sometimes it fluctuates, just didnt know if the iacv would make it lose power like that? My clutch still grabs but it releases late, is the clutch slipping? Or what idk what the hell, driveaxle? When its not doing it my gears are still strong, seems to me like a fuel problem or something

RonJ

Banned
CEL codes?

Checked the igniting timing with a timing gun?

Measured the fuel pressure and tested the FPR?

92egz6

no cel, timing was done with a light. havent tested fuel pressure, whats FPR?

it doesnt happen all the time, honestly seems like it happens when its wet out, but it will still happen dry. its random

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
Does the CEL work or has it been disabled?

What brand distributor did you install? New or used?

How old are the plug wires?

Have you inspected the spark plugs? Are they NGK?

92egz6

bought a distributor from junkyard, changed the cap too with another one, i have ngk plugs havent checked them yet, plug wires im not sure how old. and the CEL came on when i took out the o2 sensor a while back and it has gone away since then so im pretty sure my cel works just nothing on.

95coupeEX

FPR is the Fuel Pressure Regulator, if you're able to rev it up in neutral and it drives fine in 3rd-5th then it wouldn't be spark related so you can rule out the dizzy, plugs and wires. Especially since its only doing it in first and second gear...Check for a clogged fuel filter. If it was revving up and just not going anywhere I'd say the clutch or bearings have gone out. Also check to make sure the IAC is plugged in, and make sure the plugs on the TPS and MAP sensors aren't backwards (saw this happen more than once!). Get back with us after you check that stuff out.

92egz6

the iacv is plugged in, I bought ngk wires for it, there was 8mm no name wires before. still having the problem and ive replaced the fuel filter. haven't checked the tps and map sensors they plug in either way? how would it be backwards?