no radio dome lite dont work

bonnie17

We just bpought this 98 honda civic hx for our daughter and radio is diconnected and the manuals says that the dome lite will not work can you help us out thanks

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
option 1. plug in oem radio and it will work. option 2, go into the dash where the radio used to be. look for the radio harness, big white plastic connector that fit into the original radio. attatched to it should be a green plastic harness, this is the "security harness" on there you will find two pins that you need to connect to get the dome light to work again, let me find the diy real quick.

Edit* well i cant find that stupid diy, anyone else know where it is?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is correct that the dome light will not work with the radio disconnected. Is the radio just missing? Do you still have the wiring for the radio?

bonnie17

The wiring is still there there is a white and 2 green plugs there is a cassette plater down below which was factory thanks

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep, that will work. Is there a radio in the car at all now?

bonnie17

Yes but not hooked up the honda radio plugs do not fit into the radio maybe different year.I am going to the audio store with my daughter and get a new radio with the new harneess wires and installed and hope it all wors out

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
it wont turn the dome light on if you put a new radio in...new radios do not use the green security harness, they only use the big white one. in order to restore you dome light, you have to follow that diy we posted.