no spark?????????

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
ok so my 97 cx with a b20b4 was running like s**t, so i got a tune up for it, plugs wires cap and rotor, now it wont start. i took out number 1 and 2 plugs and tried to start it to see if there was any spark, and there isn't. could it be the coil pack? thats the only thing i can think of, oh and i have the plugs gapped at like .037. any help would be great. i could tell from the old cap and rotor that they were junk, but am i gonna have to buy a whole new dizzy just for the coil, or can i get that by itself?

RonJ

Banned
Does the fuel pump prime? Any CEL codes?

Did you ground the threads of the spark plugs on the valve cover when you checked for spark?

If the only problem is a lack of spark, then resistance test the coil and have an auto parts store test the ICM.

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
Does the fuel pump prime? Any CEL codes?

Did you ground the threads of the spark plugs on the valve cover when you checked for spark?

If the only problem is a lack of spark, then resistance test the coil and have an auto parts store test the ICM.
yah it has cel codes, there for the o2 sensor that is supposed to be on the catalytic converter, i didnt ground out the plugs either, i got an ignition coil and it seemed to do the trick, there was also a valve coming off the intake that didn't have a hose hooked up to it, so i plugged it for now until i get a hose. i drove up and down the road and it ran great, so we'll see i guess. but thanks for the help