noise when turning: 96 civic

NWA Badd Blood

my 96 civic mankes this snapping noise when i turn the wheel. can someone tell me whats wrong.. its in the front on the passenger side

Last edited by a moderator:

Otto85

More info please what kind of noise, is your car lowered, do you feel any sort of clanking or instability when turning so on. The more in depth info you can give the better we can help

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is clearly not a DIY post so it has been moved into the correct section. Please read the section descriptions before posting. Using the correct section improves your chances at receiving helpful answers.

I also changed your title and moved yours into your post as its more of a sentence. Making titles short & to the point keeps it visible in all views.

If by snapping you mean a clicking sound then thats most likely a worn axle & cv joint. Search for that and you'll learn what that means. They're relatively inexpensive to replace. You dont seem knowledgeable with cars so its best to get it done at a mechanic. Your research will show you how the job is done.

Alonsotl05

Respected
My civic used to make a squeaky/snapping noise and it ended up being my axle. I replaced it and the noise stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk