Noises from right rear

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Bought a used 1997 honda civic dx hatchback
Test drive, every time car moved, there was noise coming from the right rear, they took it to shop and they said they added pads to the shocks.
The noise is gone, but everytime I drive over a bump, or speed bump, anything that makes car bounce the noise comes back.
Noise is louder when the right side has passengers.

Also car has 14" tires and rims, do not think they are stock, and the tires are not rubbing anything that I can see.

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Like bouncy noise, the dealer claimed he fixed it, and he did fix the major noise, yesterday started to think maybe its the wood in the hatchback bouncing or spare tire bouncing? spare tire looks secure tho.

Dough

5+ Year Member
i have a simialr problem in a 99 dx sedan... the rigth rear squeaks sometimes... sometimes its fine, when it has two or three in the back seat, the noise is almost always there...

one mechinic told me it was something with the word "link" in it, rear link bar maybe... didnt sound liek a common part.... anyways the mechanic said it was a non essential rear suspension component... i want to get it fixed tho anyways, makes me sleep better at night!

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Yep with no people in the car it barely makes noises, load it up, and lots of noises.
Was starting to suspect the noise is from the spare tire cover, but who knows.