non conformist onboard

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hat's off to all of you 6th gen folks who elected to stay with the almighty D series. There is gold in them thar hills folks and with a little time and inginuity, gains can be made from this underdog engine.

However it all comes down to one thing, Bseries or H, if ya can't drive, I'll topshelf ya a$$!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: non-conformist here as well...nice to meet ya

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Rice4Brains
:welcome: non-conformist here as well...nice to meet ya
thats just cuz you dont have the money for a swap, otherwise you know you would

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh...i thought it was a life comment

wake_rider

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like my engine and all, but I'd much rather have a b18c5......And that's exactly what I'm going to get. To damn bad it's a little pricey. It'll be worth it though.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ther is power in d series, jus depends on wut ur absolute hp goal is witht he car. if u want 300whp wit sum good tuning u can get that. if u want sum easy tuning or a high hp goal u gonna have to swap.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
650+ hp running 25psi... I'll take my b18c1 thanks.
Yeah I'll take one of those too.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
650+ hp running 25psi... I'll take my b18c1 thanks.
do i need to call it??

i like my d-series...soon will be boosted. s**t on 9lbs you can easily make about 200whp, with minimum tuning. thats ball-park b16 boosted.... cuz ive been in my friends boosted 93 hatch when it kept up with a boosted b16.....

Tay2610

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree i think that the popularity of the b series really takes away from the equally great d series. ive seen a video of a ten second d sohc i think d16y7 beat a viper.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
dood my Si is almost stock and I owned this guys boosted D16 at the track....he could drive to...after my SI ill never go back to a SOHC......

SOHC=booooooooo

Tay2610

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its true that the dohc b series engines are superior to the sohc d series but the d series is a great engine none the less and that was the reason for my statement i think that alot of people dont give the d series a chance because of the superior b series

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ROCK THE SOHC!! the d16 is so underrated. . . .

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HA, d16 bah, dont waste my time muahahaha...and a boosted d16, beating a boosted b16? id like to see it honestly...no honest, show me other wise :bs:

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont mind the D series at all. I would love to do a swap but im just afraid something is gonna go wrong with the engine later on. I just dont want to take a risk with my civic.