Noob Back! RPM Jumping Help??

ch3ch3

Ch3Ch3
OK since my last thread "and the answer is torque" i have been studying alot about cars and specifically hondas before i could change a tire oil and oil filter and brakes thats it now i just changed my cv axle right side and ball joint all by myself thanks to youtube videos :D im still in learning process next i wanna learn how to change alternator distributor etc but i have a probelm my rpm is jumping up and down right at start up goes to about 3300 and back down to basically nothing anyone know why????:?:

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Try cleaning you r IACV

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And learning about periods and sentence structure.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol cheche, this is the INTERNET. People like to understand what you are saying. Please take the time to re-read your posts and make them readable is all he means. VSP is typically a cool guy haha.

Look into cleaning your IACV, very simple process and is usually the culprit behind idling problems.

***How-To Clean*** Your IACV a.k.a. Idle Air Control Valve

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Wouldn't it be your FITV if it happens at start-up? IAC controls after warmup...

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The frustrating part of run-on sentences is that it's difficult to read, for one, but also that it's tricky to determine what the original poster is thinking.

If the train of thought seems unintelligible, chances are the responses--despite the level of the responder--will also rarely rise above par. After all, if it sounds like the petitioner can't think straight, why bother to help them over the internet? The internet is a communication medium containing very limited avenues for true interpersonal expression that is, at best, open for unreliable interpretation. If I can't tell what you're thinking when you ask the question, I won't really be able to help you out the way I want to.

I'm not trying to be an a*****e. Lord knows there is too many of those out there and not enough people willing to be genuinely helpful. It looks like you're really making an effort to learn about your car, and I'm impressed and have respect for you because of it--not many people actually rise to the challenge. I just hate to see your perfectly good freshman questions get overshadowed by a shaky presentation method.

Really.

On another note, you might have pockets of air in your coolant. If the IACV cleaning doesn't work, I'll throw up some how-to pics. RonJ had them up about a month ago, I believe.