noob Header to exhaust question

Cheesin

I have a magnaflow catback exhaust system (L4 1.6L DX, LX , Coupe / Sedan
6 x 6 x 14 in. Muffler, 2.25 in. Tubing, 4in. Tip, REAR EXIT) and decided on a SS megan racing header since on an HX the cat is on header. question since the piping is 2.25 will the megan header fit directly to my magnaflow system?

I have been looking all over for the size of the megan header. i'm assuimg since its a direct bolt on it's meant to fit stock civic exhaust? I'm trying to avoid disrupting air flow and want to keep piping sizes congruent aka header to muffler 2.25

Exhaust system: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=6141

Header: http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/mr-ssh-d16.asp

Also is there anything else I need to order such as gaskets? I know I need o2 wire extenders for the HX b/c of its weird positioning of the stock cat.

Thanks a ton

2000JdmCivic

5+ Year Member
That header tht ur looking at looks to be a drag header its gonna exit right out the side by ur front tire

Cheesin

That header tht ur looking at looks to be a drag header its gonna exit right out the side by ur front tire
Think the picture is just an example on that website not the actual one for mine. I'm actually getting it off ebay and the pictures are correct.

2000JdmCivic

5+ Year Member
oh alright that makes sense. Let me know how this goes for you i have a hx to and plan on ordering a header and exhaust soon.

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
so long as you are keeping your catalytic converter it will fit fine.

Cheesin

so long as you are keeping your catalytic converter it will fit fine.
oh alright that makes sense. Let me know how this goes for you i have a hx to and plan on ordering a header and exhaust soon.

Well I'm not. On an HX the factory cat is actually connected to the header so with the new exhaust system this would mean I would have two cats if I didn't replace the factory header. I could keep the stock header and replace my new cat with a test pipe but my stock cat is making noises and frankly I wouldn't mind upgrading the header.

I've seen youtube vids of HXs running the same setup I'm doing so I'm going to put this in motion. I will keep you posted and put up pics. BTW for all of those that put HXs down they are actually a great D series to boost if you put some research in. Only D series with factory roller rockers!!! HXs usually put out a lot more torq also. end of summer should be all done. :lol:

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
Well I'm not. On an HX the factory cat is actually connected to the header so with the new exhaust system this would mean I would have two cats if I didn't replace the factory header. I could keep the stock header and replace my new cat with a test pipe but my stock cat is making noises and frankly I wouldn't mind upgrading the header.

I've seen youtube vids of HXs running the same setup I'm doing so I'm going to put this in motion. I will keep you posted and put up pics. BTW for all of those that put HXs down they are actually a great D series to boost if you put some research in. Only D series with factory roller rockers!!! HXs usually put out a lot more torq also. end of summer should be all done. :lol:
well, i was under the impression you were getting a new header. In which case, you'd need a new cat that would go between the end of said aftermarket header and the new exhaust.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It looks like if you order an exhaust system for an LX/DX/HX, they give you some sort of test pipe that takes place of the cat where one would be on an EX or Si. If you look at the installation diagram on that website where you're getting the exhaust, it shows a test pipe since you need more exhaust piping.

If you're going to order an aftermarket header for your HX, you want an exhaust system for an EX.

Cheesin

It looks like if you order an exhaust system for an LX/DX/HX, they give you some sort of test pipe that takes place of the cat where one would be on an EX or Si. If you look at the installation diagram on that website where you're getting the exhaust, it shows a test pipe since you need more exhaust piping.

If you're going to order an aftermarket header for your HX, you want an exhaust system for an EX.
damn I hope the exhaust system I have in my trunk will work.... nothing ever lists HXs on their descriptions so I have to assume.... /pray