noob here with tons of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi and welcom to the club. Dont let these guys get you down if you have a bunch of questions that you dont want to get ripped on for asking hit me up on my aim. I am not the most knowledgeable person around but I am sure I can help point you in the right direction. Btw my aim is on my public profile just click on the dancing bear under my name.

jaypee0930

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tienr said:
no, its an altezza....IS300's are from america
correct! LMAO...dang IS300 is an american name dude.....it's originally came from japan which japanese name of altezza....go to lexus dealer and look on details about IS300.... i think 99% are from japan...which 1 percent part of the car r the logo badge LEXUS IS300

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jaypee0930 said:
correct! LMAO...dang IS300 is an american name dude.....it's originally came from japan which japanese name of altezza....go to lexus dealer and look on details about IS300.... i think 99% are from japan...which 1 percent part of the car r the logo badge LEXUS IS300
wrong... the japanese version (aka the altezza) has a completely different motor and trans... its a turboed 4cylinder in japan, here its an N/A inline 6... now enough thread jackin on this guys post! :roll:

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
wrong... the japanese version (aka the altezza) has a completely different motor and trans... its a turboed 4cylinder in japan, here its an N/A inline 6... now enough thread jackin on this guys post! :roll:
altezza = 3S-GE
IS300 = 2JZ-GE

* Altezza Gita also has the 2JZ-GE

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
search arround for what you want, have your own style , if you want to be different comming on here and asking people what to do to your car is not how its going to happen. :welcome: and enjoy cc

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some of you seriously need to grow the f**k up.. he asked a question.. help him or dont wast ethe time and effort in making useless posts.. really its OLD..

edit: i just dont get why so may people would rather sit around and talk s**t on the internet.. why come on a car forum and pick fights with people trying to obtain information... what could possibly be enjoyable abpout that.. "oh yeah you sure showed that guy on the internet.. i bet he wont e-mess with you again.. " "oh man wow your car is so much cooler than mine.. i wish i could be cool like you" :roll: come on.. get over yourself already.. most of us have.. ;)

Last edited:

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
altezza = 3S-GE
IS300 = 2JZ-GE

* Altezza Gita also has the 2JZ-GE
I thought it was 3S-GTE though. It's the turbo 4 cyl. out of a MR2.

In america, they're the N/A Supra engine, with VVT-i, and extremely detuned.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hatch_Of_Doom said:
I thought it was 3S-GTE though. It's the turbo 4 cyl. out of a MR2.

In america, they're the N/A Supra engine, with VVT-i, and extremely detuned.
originally I thought it was the 3s-gte also but I searched a lil more and I found it wasnt :shock:

The Toyota Altezza is a mid sized executive saloon car, first manufactured in the latter part of 1998, sporting a choice of two 2.0-litre engines, the 'inline-6' cylinder 1G-FE in the AS200 model and the 'inline-4' cylinder 3S-GE dual vvti in the RS200 model. Both are BEAMs VVTi engines and both models are rear wheel drive.
http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/altezza/

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm...this thread makes me sad.

Anyway, everyone has their own idea of what jdm means, so do some research look around, observe, do a google for jdm and take it from there...

SXE-10

Banned
you all are wrong about the altezza engine. i would know, since i have one =)
the RS200Z comes with a Yamaha built and designed BEAMS 3SGE (NA) with dual VVti making 210ps in stock form

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bustamove said:
jdm is gay.
damn dude read the site rules, max sig size is 500 x 100 resize or it will be deleted

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
^^^ aww man u showed him pics of when they were stock!! LOL
here man i fixed that!

and if you want a JDM car. and you got 10K to spend..you best bet is to bu a car already here that is RHD and the try to JDM it out the rest of the way.

http://www.bestjapancar.com/

a decent site to look into getting a RHD car.

jdm-noob

Banned
My Si is pretty fast but i want it faster of course :lol:
do you guys think it's faster than doods Altezza? I know im lighter and i have VTEC.
i dug another picture up of that Altezza. It looks mental :shock:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your car will prolly never be faster than that Altezza. you will need that entire 10K and then some to be faster than him!

jdm-noob

Banned
Snake_Shit said:
your car will prolly never be faster than that Altezza. you will need that entire 10K and then some to be faster than him!
why not though? If i remember correctly my car has a DOHC B16...its lighter, 2 door coupe.
That car looks like it weighs at least 1000lbs more than mine, plus its a 4 door and has no VTEC.
Maybe i sound ignorant, so please forgive me if i do .

I think i rather spend the money making my car look better than going faster. But lets say i spent 8k of the 10k i have saved up on the engine..what do you recommend are my best bang for buck upgrades? Thanks for the help guys! I will post pics up shortly

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
motor build and a turbo! and besides. just cause you have a B16 doesnt mean you have a good B16. i do belive the JDM B16A is more power. but someone please correct me if im wrong. i know people who run SOHC cars that can outrun a B16. i mean . an 86 accord with a B16A and a YS1 tranny. cant out run a 91 civic HB with a stock DOHC ZC...non vtec.. and i have a time slip to prove it

SXE-10

Banned
jdm-noob said:
My Si is pretty fast but i want it faster of course :lol:
do you guys think it's faster than doods Altezza? I know im lighter and i have VTEC.
i dug another picture up of that Altezza. It looks mental :shock:
LOL "you have Vtec"
well i have my own version of VTEC called VVti lol

you will be faster than me if you bring about 470 wheel ps to the table.
granted thats at 1.2 bar. :???:
but if you caught me on the street i have about 360 wheel ps under my foot. plus i can spray.
you will need more than 10k to beat me. =)

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats baisically what i said aint it?

yea!!! VIP IM ON MY WAY!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.