noob question---what would you do performance wise to an automatic 2000 honda civic

Civicracer09

5+ Year Member
i need some help guys....i just bought an automatic 2000 honda civic ex for my wife and she wants it to be fast....tried to teach her how to drive stick shift it was a no go......as far as increasing the horsepower and boosting it up atleast like 30 or 40 percent what do you guys suggest.

mrmarc

5+ Year Member
'00 EX AT...add boost.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Automatic Civic being fast? HA!!!!!!

Get your wife a different car, youre not going to boost that thing. Get h er a TSX or something.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if she wants fast then get a s2k made from honda

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You lower it and get wheels. Maybe a lip.

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wife wants fast car = you want high insurance, a shitload of tickets, and your wife to leave you for some ricer who "makes" her car fast.....auto fast, hmm become a better teacher of how to drive a stick, maybe you dont KNOW how to drive a stick, you just get by. get a life, some nuts and tell that whore to fix me lunch

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sell it. you bought the wrong car to try and go fast in

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lmao, man, if she and you wants a fast car, you should consider what are your hp/torque goals and then come with more specific questions because assholes like us will fart on very general questions like this. consider that sometimes the cheapest way to get some serious power is the turbocharge the engine, or you can swap in a better motor, or swap then boost. consider where your trying to be then get back at us

dx driver 99

5+ Year Member
lol Automatic....... Listen I drive one too and listen to me when I say the only thing you have is a really good daily driver thats reliable. My car has sentimental value to it so im not selling it for a stick.... yet anyways. But seriously sell that car and go buy yourself a WRX or a RSX.

However if your wife and you are set on this civic my best advice from a fellow auto driver is cold air intake, new headers, full cat back exhaust, new spark plugs, strip the car clean of weight, rebuild the block, and then MAYBE you might notice some difference. Other than that get NOS if you want speed.... but you might blow your engine lol

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol Automatic....... Listen I drive one too and listen to me when I say the only thing you have is a really good daily driver thats reliable. My car has sentimental value to it so im not selling it for a stick.... yet anyways. But seriously sell that car and go buy yourself a WRX or a RSX.

However if your wife and you are set on this civic my best advice from a fellow auto driver is cold air intake, new headers, full cat back exhaust, new spark plugs, strip the car clean of weight, rebuild the block, and then MAYBE you might notice some difference. Other than that get NOS if you want speed.... but you might blow your engine lol
Oh yeah, an RSX would be a great option. It comes in automatic, 2 door, leather interior, 4 disc brakes, newer car, less mileage, sweet interior, and it has 160HP.

I can tell you this, you arent going to go fast in an auto Civic. People say boost a Civic? Sure, but good luck finding a tuner that will tune an auto.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if she wanted a fast car she would have taken REAL effort to learn stick shift. You should have just bought a stick shift car, so if she wanted to go out she would have to learn to drive stick.
________
buy silver surfer

mrmarc

5+ Year Member
Why do you guys choose to be total dicks sometimes? The guy came here to ask advice on how to make his existing platform faster, regardless of the folly in his decision to go with it.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i love how everyone acts as if theres some huge difference between the auto and the manual. in case you guys havent noticed, theyre both slow

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i love how everyone acts as if theres some huge difference between the auto and the manual. in case you guys havent noticed, theyre both slow
What he said^^^

As to the OP. I would suggest looking into a jackson racing supercharger. It doesn't make as much power as a typical aftermarket turbo kit, however, you can pickup at least 30 hp with it and still have a very reliable daily driver. Plus, it has a bypass valve that allows the motor to run "un boosted" in normal everyday driving when your only using partial throttle. That allows you to have decent mpg.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i need some help guys....i just bought an automatic 2000 honda civic ex for my wife and she wants it to be fast....tried to teach her how to drive stick shift it was a no go......as far as increasing the horsepower and boosting it up atleast like 30 or 40 percent what do you guys suggest.

Go on youtube and search for civic crashes, show her some videos and she will drive 5 miles under the speed limit for the rest of her life...Problem solved.