Noob to engine swaps help pls..

R18_believer

5+ Year Member
im just venting right now! my buddy got the greatest deal for an S2000 while i pay more for my FG1 he has the faster car and all the bitches attention! he wanted to race real bad, so i did, (knowing ill get smoked) and god damn! that his car was fast! did i mention it had a hondata ECU, i think thats what he said... anywho! im soo pissed! i'm thinking of trading my 3 month old FG1 for a typeS or Si, i know that will set me on the negative and get f*cked up. soo... im on ebay right now, looking at a used 5000 mile K20a2 Type S, you think that will fit in the FG1? let me know your 2 cents. what other engines can i fit in my car, and where can i get the mounts, if i can fit a Type R motor in there too maybe i would consider. need help from all you engine wiz out there.:x

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess you arent much of a r18 believe anymore? :lol:

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
even if you get a si or similar there are plenty of cars including accords and s2000 's that will still smoke you . just keep what you have and dont be greedy and plus the car is the only thing you have to worry about focus more on your driving cause driving is more important than having a fast car you will just crash the damn thing.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jcmrules said:
even if you get a si or similar there are plenty of cars including accords and s2000 's that will still smoke you . just keep what you have and dont be greedy and plus the car is the only thing you have to worry about focus more on your driving cause driving is more important than having a fast car you will just crash the damn thing.

good call but i do love my speed and i bet alot of peeps do just alot o peeps dont understand the power of ther engine and take it for granet im not one to say i allwyas have to go faster but a k20 swap would be bomb diggity

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes engine swap to a k20 would be bad ass but as long as its straight outta japan the potential is very good.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someone will always have a faster car.. thats life..

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rei said:
someone will always have a faster car.. thats life..
exactly what i say, thats one of many reasons i didnt get the Si more money and more on insurance for a car that can still be beaten GRANTED it wouldve been faster than my ex.

and rei how come u didnt reply to my private messege? where at in bham u at?

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even if you do swap out your R18, your friend will still smoke you like a ham...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so to add to this

K20a3, K20a2, K20a, K20Z1 won't work in the FG1/FG2 unless you conver to a wired throttle body (as we know, the FG1 and FG2 both use DBW)

So you would HAVE to swap to the K20Z3 or the 06+ TSX K24 (cuz it has DBW too) even then you may still not beat him (well maybe with the k24) but you'll need boost after that to walk him ;)

oh yeah, swapping to any of the motors (to K20a3, K20a2, K20a, K20Z1) wouldn't be legal as they are older (except for the 06+ k20z1, but then it's still cable instead DBW)

ruthless909

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
so to add to this

K20a3, K20a2, K20a, K20Z1 won't work in the FG1/FG2 unless you conver to a wired throttle body (as we know, the FG1 and FG2 both use DBW)

So you would HAVE to swap to the K20Z3 or the 06+ TSX K24 (cuz it has DBW too) even then you may still not beat him (well maybe with the k24) but you'll need boost after that to walk him ;)

oh yeah, swapping to any of the motors (to K20a3, K20a2, K20a, K20Z1) wouldn't be legal as they are older (except for the 06+ k20z1, but then it's still cable instead DBW)
^^^:werd:

FG1R18

5+ Year Member
lol swapping your motor out of your 3 month old FG1 is pointless and impractical. you could've went for for an easy 22G with a WRX and smoked his ass. yes, a swap will step your car up, but not enough to hang with an S2000. don't f**k yourself over with a swap or killing your car trying to beat the S2000 cus you never will. i say stick with what you have or buy an RSX-S. Si's heavier than the RSX-S (i think). my $0.02

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GETxERxDONE said:
exactly what i say, thats one of many reasons i didnt get the Si more money and more on insurance for a car that can still be beaten GRANTED it wouldve been faster than my ex.

and rei how come u didnt reply to my private messege? where at in bham u at?
I did reply? Im in the Pinson area.. /end threadjack

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeha just wait for a turbo kit to come out for the r18, its not like the si is amazingly super fast. Its cool fun and "sporty" but its got 200hp and it weighs nearly 3000 lbs. I love my Si but not for break neck speeds, I love it because I think it is the best new car bang for buck and it suits me well.

sparda

5+ Year Member
civic ex VS S2000 !!!
you need more than a turbo to stick with him
even the SI wont do a damn thing

how much does it cost to get a used s2000 in a good shape ???

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FG1R18 said:
say stick with what you have or buy an RSX-S. Si's heavier than the RSX-S (i think). my $0.02
:wtf:

don't listen this guy whatever you do

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
R18_believer said:
im just venting right now! my buddy got the greatest deal for an S2000 while i pay more for my FG1 he has the faster car and all the bitches attention! he wanted to race real bad, so i did, (knowing ill get smoked) and god damn! that his car was fast! did i mention it had a hondata ECU, i think thats what he said... anywho! im soo pissed! i'm thinking of trading my 3 month old FG1 for a typeS or Si, i know that will set me on the negative and get f*cked up. soo... im on ebay right now, looking at a used 5000 mile K20a2 Type S, you think that will fit in the FG1? let me know your 2 cents. what other engines can i fit in my car, and where can i get the mounts, if i can fit a Type R motor in u there too maybe i would consider. need help from all you engine wiz out there.:x
So how much did he spank you by? I did a few rolling start "races" from second gear with my friend who's got a 05 S2K (has a full titanium exhaust system that cost him $3K and a K&N cone air filter) and he'd put about 1.5-2 car lengths on me. We did a few more 3rd and 4th gear pulls on the freeway and he'd put about 1-1.5 car lengths. Only once did I beat him cause he was rolling in 4th and I was in 3rd. Life is: someone's always gonna be able to kick the crap outta ya.
King Bob said:
yeha just wait for a turbo kit to come out for the r18, its not like the si is amazingly super fast. Its cool fun and "sporty" but its got 200hp and it weighs nearly 3000 lbs. I love my Si but not for break neck speeds, I love it because I think it is the best new car bang for buck and it suits me well.
werd, best bang for the buck.
SeanJohn1802 said:
:wtf:

don't listen this guy whatever you do
my thoughts exactly.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FG1R18 said:
lol swapping your motor out of your 3 month old FG1 is pointless and impractical. you could've went for for an easy 22G with a WRX and smoked his ass. yes, a swap will step your car up, but not enough to hang with an S2000. don't f**k yourself over with a swap or killing your car trying to beat the S2000 cus you never will. i say stick with what you have or buy an RSX-S. Si's heavier than the RSX-S (i think). my $0.02
lol! the fact that you posted this was pointless and impractical. do some research kid.