noob with 88 hatchback

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryd96

5+ Year Member
Hi all from Charlotte, NC. I recently purchased an 88 dx hatchback as a second car and have already fallen in love with it. The car has been lowered has a short shifter, cold air intake and body kit installed the guy I bought the car from said the engine has 152.xxx on it with 200.xxx on the body I want to do some preventative maintenance on the car but want to make sure I purchase the correct parts. It's a single over head cam engine and I'm assuming the 1.5l but is there a way I can look on the engine block itself to determine exactly what model engine it is? I’m guessing a "D" series but “D” what not sure. Thanks

Unuzual Kustum

4DR Sleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can look to the left side of the exhaust manifold. My guess would be a D15B2.

Specs:
1.5L 16V SOHC PGM-FI
1493cc
'88-'91 Civic DX/LX
USDM origin
92@6000hp 89@4500ft. lbs or torque
9.2:1 compression ratio

Here's a pic of what it should look like.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33n9l5l&s=4

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lets see it

larryd96

5+ Year Member
Currently its primer gray so it doesn’t look to pretty but I when I took it to get tires the guy installing them said once I get a paint job on it, it would look pretty sweet. My intentions was to just use the car until I got the turbo kit installed in my Mazda and then sell it but after driving the civic I don't think I can bring myself to get rid of it especially when you can buy so may aftermarket parts for it cheap. I guess if I wanted a second car that I intended to get rid of later I should have bought a Buick LeSabre. =)

I'll try and get pics up ASAP. Thanks again.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi all from Charlotte, NC. I recently purchased an 88 dx hatchback as a second car and have already fallen in love with it. The car has been lowered has a short shifter, cold air intake and body kit installed the guy I bought the car from said the engine has 152.xxx on it with 200.xxx on the body I want to do some preventative maintenance on the car but want to make sure I purchase the correct parts. It's a single over head cam engine and I'm assuming the 1.5l but is there a way I can look on the engine block itself to determine exactly what model engine it is? I’m guessing a "D" series but “D” what not sure. Thanks
You can look to the left side of the exhaust manifold. My guess would be a D15B2.

Specs:
1.5L 16V SOHC PGM-FI
1493cc
'88-'91 Civic DX/LX
USDM origin
92@6000hp 89@4500ft. lbs or torque
9.2:1 compression ratio

Here's a pic of what it should look like.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33n9l5l&s=4

question answered! / thread:D

Make another thread and post your pics! :thumbs up

Status
Not open for further replies.