North Korea's Kim Jong-il has died

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
joe it allows for the US government to impose Guantanamo like detentions on US citizens without charge.
Do you have a link to the act? Once again, from what I've read, it allows detainment of individuals who are suspected terrorists. Non-citizens, or legal aliens may be detained by the United States Armed Forces, but I don't believe that U.S. citizens are detained by the armed forces. I believe they are detained by other means.

Dnguyen92

Do you have a link to the act? Once again, from what I've read, it allows detainment of individuals who are suspected terrorists. Non-citizens, or legal aliens may be detained by the United States Armed Forces, but I don't believe that U.S. citizens are detained by the armed forces. I believe they are detained by other means.
From what I read from annon. at the end of the bill it includes u.s citizens. But as of right now we can't find the actual document. Check out the vid on youtube from annon about the bill.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Do you realize what annon is. They are bout as anti government as can be and if their was even a slight chance the gov. screwed up something with amendment they would do the same s**t.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.1867:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.1540:

here you are Joe, in one of the clauses (my dumb ass closed the window before noting) it states U.S. Citizens are non-exempt.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you realize what annon is. They are bout as anti government as can be and if their was even a slight chance the gov. screwed up something with amendment they would do the same s***.
I am very aware of what Annon is and familiar with somethings they have done... They aren't so much "anti-government" more so anti-abuse of power, keeping people free from being exploited and censored. Really if you think about it, they are more pro-government then these acts/bills are. I'm not condoning their actions, I can get behind some of the things they stand for... Below is what I found regarding SOPA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUD2EiK1_NU

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Subtitle D—Detainee Matters SEC. 1031. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AU- THORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE. (a) IN GENERAL.—Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law
of war. (b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this
section is any person as follows
: (1) A person who planned, authorized, com-
mitted, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.

(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy force
1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement
to detain a person in military custody under this sec- tion does not extend to citizens of the United States.

Last edited:

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do believe that it was amended, but not vetoed. Good point Joe.

But if SOPA passes 3/4 of the content on this site will be removed lol.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If SOPA passes, the internet is f***ed. We might as well be using the internet in China.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only the house, if it passes the senate and then gets signed by the president.. get ready, s**t is going to get interesting.