not starting

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Ok im stumped right now so got my car back like 2days ago. I had to keep tails on coming home so I think battrry jjst copletely killed over. Well I tried jumping the car off yesterday and still couldnt get the car to start. Eventually the car wasnt even trying to start after I got batter recharged. The battery was half way dead anyways. Well I got new battery in today and went to crank and it still just doesnt want to start it will try to start but it refuses. I noticed that my gauges go dim and then act like they lose all power while trying to crank. I know car when I went and got it cranked right up. Im debating if its the alternator or distributor or what please help.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok im stumped right now so got my car back like 2days ago. I had to keep tails on coming home so I think battrry jjst copletely killed over. Well I tried jumping the car off yesterday and still couldnt get the car to start. Eventually the car wasnt even trying to start after I got batter recharged. The battery was half way dead anyways. Well I got new battery in today and went to crank and it still just doesnt want to start it will try to start but it refuses. I noticed that my gauges go dim and then act like they lose all power while trying to crank. I know car when I went and got it cranked right up. Im debating if its the alternator or distributor or what please help.
If the check engine light is on i would start there.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It cranks but doesn't start? Test the dizzy coil and ICM. Wouldn't hurt to have the alternator tested as well.

Do you hear the fuel pump prime for 2 seconds before starting the car when the key is at the last position?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
The only code throwing is for o2 the stock fuel pump was going bad and my replacement was jacked up. The fuel pressure is to low while trying to crank.

civic98ek

Registered VIP
are you hearing the fuel pump kicking on?? i think it might be your dizzy tho.. doesnt sound like a fuel issue.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you crank it and you can smell fuel, then fuel is not your issue.i would check the starter or charging system

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Would it help if i made a video to let yall see and hear what is going on can't check out to much today its been raining going to try and get some more fuel tomorrow and see if that helps any

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yeah it wasnt much however think it was enough going to check them today. The plugs in currently are ngk iridiums. So after little bit I found by google and symptoms of my car I believe I need to go to step 1's