Not Sure What's Happening. Did I Break Something?

KCCivic

Dat Slab of VTEC
Hi Guys,

It first started off yesterday, I started the car and began leaving the parking lot. The clutch felt weird. It would grab like 2 inches from the floor and the pedal would almost shake. In reverse, It would grind a touch everytime I put it in, and it would feel as if the clutch has already been released just a touch, cause It would start moving. Then when I let out of the clutch and gave it some gas in reverse, The entire car would shake like a mother f**ker and bounce. NOW, I am driving home, and the car dies, then instant comes back as nothing happends. This happends everytime I get into it a little it. When I have my hand on the shifter, And when I shift into another gear, I can feel the entire transmission/motor move forward and back and little back from the shifter. What scares me is that, I was driving on the highway, and I hear a rack, like a piece of medal or something hit the bottom of my car.

So as of right now, Here are the symptoms;
- Clutch pedal feels really bouncy/shaky when engaging/disengaging.
- When going into reverse, Clutch feels about 8% Engaged, Then when I let out of the clutch and give it gas, The entire car shakes violently.
- When I get on it, The car dies (All Electrical and power gone), Then will come right back.
- I feel the entire motor/transmission move when shifting gears.

Can you please help me as to what this could be? Locations, etc... All the help would be greatly appreciated.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is something loose under your hood? cause your motor shouldn't be moving
double check to see if everything looks to be ok

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Busted motor mount, maybe? But it sounds like more than one issue.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
if u dont find anything on the outside i would pull that tranny out ASAP!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many miles on the car?

How many miles on the tranny/clutch?

If the clutch was ever replaced, was everything changed out or was old parts used with new?

Check your flywheel and also motor mounts!

What year is the car? Cable or hydro tranny? Is it stock or a swap?
How do u drive? Are you conservative or do u drive the piss out of ur car?

KCCivic

Dat Slab of VTEC
It was one of the mounts that had completely broke. I'm replacing all mounts with HAsport Motor Mounts and ARP Mount Bolts I bought. Thanks guys!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It was one of the mounts that had completely broke. I'm replacing all mounts with HAsport Motor Mounts and ARP Mount Bolts I bought. Thanks guys!
It's good you found the problem but would a broken mount cause all the problems with the clutch?

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good thing you found what was wrong. Now take pics of the install and post em up.

CLUB CIVIC <3'S PICS lmao

KCCivic

Dat Slab of VTEC
That's what we have yet to find out about. Im pulling the tranny as we speak. The clutch is a Stage 3, and the car is slicks on it. I lauch it alot, so that's what caused a broken mount. So when you launch at 24 pounds of boost on slicks, Those mounts will give way sooner or later.

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
I had a leaky Slave cylinder and it did that alot. It would run out of fluid so the clutch was stay partway engaged and part not.

KCCivic

Dat Slab of VTEC
I had a leaky Slave cylinder and it did that alot. It would run out of fluid so the clutch was stay partway engaged and part not.
So far, The slave cylinder is broken. Were leaving the tranny out and were ordering a new clutch. The other one has springs that are hanging out.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If u would've answered all my questions....