NRG Type-R seats??

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Has anyone ever had the NRG Innovations Type-R seats?? I have been thinking about getting a pair but idk if they are good or not. I love the Sparcos, Brides, and Recaros. But this is a DD not a sunday driver. I was just wondering if anyone thinks they are worth it. I want the Type-R interior look so they are what I have been looking for and cheap compaired to other brnads.
Thanks A Lot

Ron...

5+ Year Member
Why are Recaros, Sparcos, and Brides only for sunday drivers? They just cost a lot :p Haha, anywho...

As far as I've heard they're still pretty cheaply made, but somewhat more "name brand" than some random set off of ebay. I've heard they are pretty comfortable, though the reclining mech can sometimes break. Bolsters may be pretty bad too, but I'm not sure on that one.

They also haven't been tested in a crash as far as I know, so if something breaks on impact you could be seriously injured.

In the end, do what you want. I personally think they look ok but I wouldn't get them. I'm gonna stick with original Honda seats.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Why are Recaros, Sparcos, and Brides only for sunday drivers? They just cost a lot :p Haha, anywho...

As far as I've heard they're still pretty cheaply made, but somewhat more "name brand" than some random set off of ebay. I've heard they are pretty comfortable, though the reclining mech can sometimes break. Bolsters may be pretty bad too, but I'm not sure on that one.

They also haven't been tested in a crash as far as I know, so if something breaks on impact you could be seriously injured.

In the end, do what you want. I personally think they look ok but I wouldn't get them. I'm gonna stick with original Honda seats.
^^is any of this fact or just your opinion?

brides and sparco or real racing seats and cost a s**t load of money. the quality is good but sometimes just because it is expensive doesnt mean its better. ive used NRG products before and ive never had a problem with them. also never heard any bad reviews for their seats. i heard they are comfortable plus they look pretty sweet. i would google the reviews for the nrg seats.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
Ive got the Evo style....and they are pretty comfy...I got mine used and the gy that had them before me is pretty big and they are still in good shap...I like mine alot I would say get the Evo styles

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
I didn't say that Sparcos, brides, etc wern't everyday seat, its just I dont want to spend that much on seats for a DD. I have these POS apc black seats and they are like sitting on rocks, it sucks. But a little more review is a must for now.