o2 Sensor extension questions

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
New headers... need to extend my cable ive done some research and people claim to extend with same gauge wire/ solder

That works for me.however im planning to make the solder, wrap the exposed wire with electrical wire?? now ive heard Shrink wrap the o2 cables and then ive heard heat wrap?? Which one do u guys suggest??

Last edited by a moderator:

whoknows1012

I went the easy route and bought an 02 extension from password jdm. ;)

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
yeah i seen password had them for like 30 bucks. if i decide to sauder an extension on and for what ever reason it doesnt work and it tosses up the Check Engine Light... if i fix it and plug it in will the CEL turn off automaticaly?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no, youll need to reset the ecu.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you cannot solder the wires for an o2 sensor, it will fry the sensor and throw the code of the heater of the o2 sensor being bad.. just get the extension harness, you'll be much happier man

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
Okay so i just ordered the password Jdm o2 Extension rather be safe then sorry... Now if i roll around town with the 2ndary o2 cable Not plugged in while i have the new headers on... will it cause major damage? i read just poor mileage and possible idle issue or should i try not to be impatient...??? Comments?

whoknows1012

I say wait untill you get the extension and install everything at once, it'll be worth the wait. Order the 32" by the way 16" probably wont be long enough. :???:

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
yeah i was gonna get 16 but said eh why not double check so itook a tape measure and noope.. 32 it is ;-) ugh im anxious... my engine is stock 1.6 but with the few upgrades exhaust and intake. i can get my first gear to get me up to 33 Mph=\ not all that great i know.. but for a 1.6 non vtec it pulls better than other 1.6 ive drove. With the headers anyone know about how far my 1st gear will get me approx??
1st 0-33 at 7,000
2nd get me about 65 i never pay attention
3rd get me to 95
and 4th gets me to the limit...

im aiming for 1st to take me to 50 high hopes but id settle for 45

a future swap most likely garanteed a for sure turbo if D16y8 swap

one foot infront of the other gets er' done

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:smackself: :smackself: :smackself:
you do realize mods dont change how fast your car goes in each gear right? the only thing that affects that is gearing and how high it revs.

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
:smackself: :smackself: :smackself:
you do realize mods dont change how fast your car goes in each gear right? the only thing that affects that is gearing and how high it revs.
What he said.

......The only way to reach a higher speed in a certain gear is to change the gearing in the tranny

HiddenNshadows

Im ordering my extension from passjdm. but i have a problem. instead of a cat I have a resinator. Will this keep my check engine light on or will it be ok? I also found out no junkyard will sell anything like that in my area & i dont have the 200 for a real cat. Anyone know where i can find a cheaper one that would work. Im tryn to stay away from ebay because thats where i got the resinator, it had a pic of a stock cat on a 96-98 exbut i still got stuck. Any help would rock guys

Zedicous

There is a guy on ebay that sells them for around twenty and he'll make it as long or as short as you want it. I've used several and have never had a problem.
He makes them so well that it looks factory made.