OBD TurBoinG Help PLZ!

ch3ch3

Ch3Ch3
I have a 98 ek coupe which obviously came with and obd2 ecu Which Im fine with the probelms comes when i look into turbong,tuning etc I would Like to keep my same OBD and Swap and Engine With the Same OBD which of course simplifies things. However I do want to turbo and have upgrades and what im reading thru research is that the obd2 is unchippable and harder to tune.Ive seen alot of ppl suggesting AEM EMS if I do decide to stay OBD2 Has anyone done this? and could someone plz give some light on this as i am a Noob and really started reading all this stuff today i dont understand why is OBD 2 so difficult to work with?????????:???:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you want to do it right, AEM EMS is really the only good OBDII option. I wouldn't use piggybacks like Greddy Emanage, etc. IMO converting to OBD1 is extremely easy, and cost efficient with a good tune.

The only downside is passing inspection if your state does emissions. Which mine does.... so not sure how I'm going to approach that yet, lol. I COULD, pull the wg spring, swap the OBDII ECU and stock injectors back in, and put both o2 sensors back in also (I run open loop). PITA though haha

ch3ch3

Ch3Ch3
Yes sounds like a plan im lucky here in sc i dont have emissions test But it suxs that you hav to do all of that it works but its kinda crippling in a sense anyways thnx for the input wish you well with your build =)

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for a simple set up, AEM EMS is way over kill. Its also pretty expensive