Obd2a b18b1 In a obd2b 99civic ex ?s plz help

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
I have a obd2b 99 civic ex..I just bought a obd2a b18b1 to drop in. I have a obd2a ecu with a obd2b-obd2a jumper harness. I just wired up my 99 ex harness to the b18b1 motor. I can't figure out what cfk Bypass to do or if I even need to do it. So plz help me figure this out. Thanks

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Do you have a check engine light on or have you gotten the motor running yet?

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If all your plugs went together fine you shouldnt have a problem you did obd2 to obd2 so you shouldnt have to hack it just start it up and look for check engine lights if you get one find out what it is if not good to go

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
Oh ok thanks guys for the help..I have the motor on a engine stand getting ready to drop in. I have most of the 99ex harness wired up to the b18b1 but I couldn't find a cfk plug on my 99ex harness an the motor has a cfk plug I was just wondering if I needed to bypass so I could do it before I dropped the motor in

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
Ok thanks a lot...so since I have to keep the Cfs sensor I found the plug on the 99 ex harness an it's a 3 wire plug with blue/red, white/red and a brown/blk an the plug on my ls motor is a 2 wire with a blue/red and a white/red..so my question is how do I wire it up? Do I match the wires an an leave the brown/blk out or tap it on to another wire?

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Ok thanks a lot...so since I have to keep the Cfs sensor I found the plug on the 99 ex harness an it's a 3 wire plug with blue/red, white/red and a brown/blk an the plug on my ls motor is a 2 wire with a blue/red and a white/red..so my question is how do I wire it up? Do I match the wires an an leave the brown/blk out or tap it on to another wire?

it would just be easier to run a obd1 ecu but you would need the coinciding jumper harness for that, obd1 doesnt look for the same sensors that you are trying to wire up. i believe the knock sensor and the sensor on the oil pump. I have a obd2 b16 with a chipped obd1 ecu and do not have either of those sensors connected , I am cel free and everything works fine. I bet theres a way of just doing the cfk bypass if u have any cels on start up , but pull them codes first to see what they are;)