obtained some extra money any idea's on what i should do next??

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
okay guys got more money left over from school than i thought i have a little over $1,800 to play with. heres some pictures of my car they are pretty old and they were after my car was stolen. heres whats on the car now:
B18b1 & ls tranny
ebay header/ 2" exhaust with resonator and cat
ground control coilovers
konid blatant 16" rims
home made grille
99-00 front end and rear bumper swap
projection headlights
aem cold air intake
a/c, ps removed
battery relocated to trunk
blackberry pearl paintjob, chipping off front bumper
99-00 tail lights
i might be forgetting some stuff these are the major things nothing little like interior changes.

i really wanted to turbo my car but i dont wanna go cheap and im not totally sure on the milage of the motor. i am also on planning on swapping this motor out with an h22 next summer so doing major mods to my engine wouldnt really be worth it. however i would like to get up to 200 hp just for the time being. and for sure switching from obd2a to obd1 with a basemap. what would be a good computer for this and is there a way i could get my car up or close to 200hp? id also like to finish the exterior by repainting the front bumper, new hood, front and rear lip kit and side skirts since mine were stolen. si fogs and grille and another carbon fiber intake which was also stolen. let me know what you guys think the more opinions the better.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That's a vtec head you got there duder. I would get rid of the lights and fix the paint.

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
its non vtec i wish it was vtec though.i was gonna build an lsvtec with a fully machined gsr head from my unlce's old car but it was just the bare block for $500,but now that im switching engines i dont really wanna put all the money into it to switch it over. first thing im doing is repainting the bumper with a new lip kit and side skirts and a grille. i already have stock headlights for a 99 but the tabs are broken and id rather have the black housing ones. i was planning on selling both sets for a pair but we'll see im already powder coating the rims black. does anyone have any input on some more slight power gains?besides switching over to obd1??

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
$1,800 is enough for a turbo build...

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paint the grille and get fog lights?

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
that grille thats on there now is crap its the molding which is just that black trim piece. the mesh behind it i cut and bent so it sits where the hood latch mounts got it from home depot im gonna buy a new grille and hood and have them along with my bumper and lip kit i just ordered painted at the same time. definitly gonna get myself some fogs and i just polished up a pair of stock oem headlights that came with the car that had that spray on tint crap on em. gonna throw those on as well.

As for the turbo build, i need new tires and already spent some money and wont have this motor in my car for too much longer. any money left over is going towards the H22 swap sorry guys no turbo goin in yet.... gonna get some blox control arms, ASR brace, some new bushings, front camber kit and stiffen up the body a bit and then ill see how much i have left.

what would be a good ECU to go with for switching from OBD2A TO OBD1??

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just save it -shrug

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
hey man u should post some pics of your car from a side view so i can see your konigs on your car because i have the same set but i havent put thm on yet cuz of winter

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
alright ill try and find some from before im sure i got some somewhere i cant right now since they're getting powder coated but they were silver i think they will look better black.

civic99white

casper
5+ Year Member
you know that the radiater is on the passenger side of the car!!! why woulde you put your licence plate there ?????????????????