Occasional Bogging Issue

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's up guys, I have a feeling that this is fuel related, so mods, if this is the wrong section .. move it haha

It's usually only when I go uphill, but my car will start bogging down randomly even if i get on the gas a little bit more. Then sometimes if I just keep going, it will like hiccup and accelerate again. Other times, it will kick on my cel and then be fine again. Then the other times I just down shift so it goes passed the rpms it was bogging at then go. Also, it is a high flow cat, but with a defouler.

The cel that comes on is the secondary o2 sensor, but it is brand new. I was thinking the fuel filter, any other ideas?

Thanks guys

kyle

RonJ

Banned
Replace the fuel filter and then go from there. How old are the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor? Is the ignition timing set to spec?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm having the same issue, and everything listed by both you and Ron are brand new for me.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replace the fuel filter and then go from there. How old are the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor? Is the ignition timing set to spec?
plugs, wires are about 2 summers old, the cap and rotor were replaced this passed fall .. so i would say fairly new, i will do the fuel filter and see.. hopefully tomorrow

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well finally an update, the fuel filter was replaced and no luck. I was thinking MAP sensor or fuel pump?