odometer swapping/rollback

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Istill wouldnt f**k with that s**t.....too illegal....

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X-aCuTiOnA said:
man, juss do it. I mean like u said, ur not gonna sell, and ur not giving false info, so i think its coo....my dads a cop and hes done that s**t.....y cant u?? :D

yea I mean your just wainting to put the real milage of the car so no biggie,,,,,,,, I know you can roll them back, I did it on my extra cluster while working on my vtec light. Just removed the speedo piece and back it up from the back of the speedo.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow.. i love how this thread keeps going and going... hahah.

and yes, i just did it. i wont be selling the car.. and even if by some weird ass chance i do... ill tell the person. im not a b***h like that. i wont try to pass it off.. ill tell them everything about the car.

it was very easy to roll back.. but you have to be a little careful with things... thats a delicate area of the cluster.

mr_ducksauce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know u can just do it...but does inspection check if you roll it back or not? cause i did it and thats the only thing im worried about cause i know if u check your cars history and stuff , they can say the odometer was tampered with and i dont like that

DarC_KonQuesT

Ubergeek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seems perfectly legit to me - but it'd still be best to get it done at a dealership in case you should ever sell it (minds change, s**t happens). Like stolibears said - do it just to cover your ass.
-DarC

AZNSensation

Banned
Simply put, if you aren't selling it then do it. A cop isn't going to come after you, how's he gonna know? Plus you have the titled stating how many miles are on the car.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Simply put, if you aren't selling it then do it. A cop isn't going to come after you, how's he gonna know? Plus you have the titled stating how many miles are on the car.
Dude! you do know this thread is almost 5 years old. the guy coulda been busted, did time in jail AND probation by the time you resurrected this thread from the archives!