OEM spoiler or NO spoiler

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
means nothing on our cars unless your putting out over 300+ whp
if thats true then why do they make cf spoilers.
not to mention spoilers are to help keep your car on the ground and i dont think you are goin that fast.
also spoilers are designed for better handling when you are goin 150+ around corners and i doubt that will happen.
also they are made for downforce which makes no difference if you cant adjust the df on the oem spoiler.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They make cf spoilers because they look pretty. They make cf parts to work in conjunction with many many many other lightweight parts, to work together to reduce a car's weight. One cf part alone makes absolutley no measureable performance difference. Especially a spoiler, which, depending on the model, weighs no more than 10 or 15 pounds.

Spoilers create downforce on the rear wheels, good for rear wheel drive cars that are going 120mph. On a fwd car, it creates drag, and does nothing but make the car look "sporty."

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They make cf spoilers because they look pretty. They make cf parts to work in conjunction with many many many other lightweight parts, to work together to reduce a car's weight. One cf part alone makes absolutley no measureable performance difference. Especially a spoiler, which, depending on the model, weighs no more than 10 or 15 pounds.

Spoilers create downforce on the rear wheels, good for rear wheel drive cars that are going 120mph. On a fwd car, it creates drag, and does nothing but make the car look "sporty."
does the drag not slow the car down?

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it dose but i helps the vehical turn faster due to the down force from the spoiler

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pretty much im right, theres no need for spoiler on our slow cars, BUT if your doing autox the spoiler might come in handy, not really. pretty much its just there to look good =) my opinion.

aznryguy

5+ Year Member
ok mister jonathan since a spoiler weighs about 2-3 pounds i guess we, the civic owners with a heavy spoiler on it should go on a diet and lose 2-3 pounds so u can stop with the non sense

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok mister jonathan since a spoiler weighs about 2-3 pounds i guess we, the civic owners with a heavy spoiler on it should go on a diet and lose 2-3 pounds so u can stop with the non sense
actually someone said they weigh 15 pounds. and if you read my and toneekay's previous posts you will see theres more to just loosin weigh.

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word i can't afford s**t right now and the last thing i can afford is a new trunk with no holes in it so i was thinking of getting this spoiler
http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_large_pic.cfm?vpic=LHAC8825.jpg
I don't think that would look good on just a stock car unless you got the bumpers or lips he has to go with it, but thats just my opinion. I like how it looks and I would love to have one like that for my sedan but I don't think it would look right especially since I have stock bumpers and no lips and it probably wouldn't fit.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'm holding my OEM spoiler at this time... there is no way it weighs 15 lbs. max: 5 lbs

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dam this thread is still going..

pilson

pilson
5+ Year Member
I like the OEM spoiler the only way I would take it off if i had a M3 style spoiler those are sweet!