Off to a bad start (6 pics)

JoePa98

Rollin Stock!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My first set of pictures

Here's what I had a week ago.

Pretty basic, stock civic....

Then Saturday night I lost control on the interstate and this is what I ended up with

Luckily, they think it's repairable but I won't know until tomorrow. :cry:

potatobiker8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that sucks...good luck bro

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sucks , well see sometimes insurence will claim a car totaled if it has c pillar damage, whats the story howed you lose controle?

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't you just hate seeing a civic like that? so sorry bro....if the insurance total your car, you could get another civic :D

JoePa98

Rollin Stock!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys, I'm still not completely sure how it happened but I was merging onto another interstate, hit a bump and the rear end just slid out from behind me. I tried to correct it, but couldn't hang on and slid into a guard rail. I was only doing about 55. My buddy and I were fine but we found the rear passenger window 50 feet from the car. I'm thinking I might have had some kind of wheel hop caused by my coilovers. Correct me if that sounds completely wrong but that's pretty much what it felt like

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JoePa98 said:
Thanks guys, I'm still not completely sure how it happened but I was merging onto another interstate, hit a bump and the rear end just slid out from behind me. I tried to correct it, but couldn't hang on and slid into a guard rail. I was only doing about 55. My buddy and I were fine but we found the rear passenger window 50 feet from the car. I'm thinking I might have had some kind of wheel hop caused by my coilovers. Correct me if that sounds completely wrong but that's pretty much what it felt like
was it wet, or cold that day/night

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's similar damage to the car I pulled a set of headlights and the metal piece under the taillight off. That's actually worse than his car though. His window hadn't even been touched. It looked like just a big ass dent under the window, nothing else wrong, drove fine even. His car was totaled out though.

Grab everything aftermarket off the car that you can and toss some steelies in if they make a fuss. If it's paid off I'd buy it back and part it out. Most people probably wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of selling it all though.

JoePa98

Rollin Stock!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was completely dry, probably 85 degress outside

Unfortunately, I still owe on the car but all i'd need to grab are the coilovers, and stereo...If it's totalled I'm definately getting another civic, maybe a hatchie...but for now i'll hope this works out

Import_Girl

AKA Mz Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn! that sucks! are you ok?

wow hopefulley it can be repaired

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sucks to hear man..hope everything works out ;)

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ouch.. not the first time i hear of the rear of a civic cutting loose on a turn though. hope everything turns out alright :thumbs up

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, same thing happened to this kid i work w/ only his was an rsx-s

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hkt03 said:
ouch.. not the first time i hear of the rear of a civic cutting loose on a turn though. hope everything turns out alright :thumbs up
how does that happen or why. whats the best way to stop that from happing ?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rear tie bar, strut tower brace, good tires, nice set of springs

DSMpower

5+ Year Member
Sucks dude,

If they total your car, you should get a turbo DSM or a mazda protege LX

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that sucks dude. Luckily nobody was hurt, how much will it cost to get it fixed?