Official Why A Civic Thread

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well mine was given to me but I had a choice between the civic and a neon and I took the civic in a heart beat.
Its some what quick, great gas mileage, and performance replacement parts are cheap enough that when something factory breaks its time for an upgrade

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
SO easy to work on, plus there is a huge pool of people willing to help if you have a problem! ;)

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Great MPG and gets me everywhere. Plus the price that my car went for was too hard to pass up with only 170k kms and original owner.

Today it has 206k kms and has a jdm d15b vtec swap that replaced the stock d15b7 along with new suspension.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I was looking for my first car, It was gas mileage, but nice looking, and easy to work on for me. Well, my opinion has changed a little since my first civic had 25MPG lol. Basically, it's reliability, (my hatch has never broken down on me) modding is easy, parts are dirt cheap compared to other cars, and I love to drive it. Now, with that being said, if I got my hands on a sweet Integra GSR deal, i'd say bye bye to civics haha.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
When I bought my car it's all I could afford to get. I was 16 at the time. Since then I've fallen in love with it. Gas mileage is great. It's a fun little car to drive. And I like the looks of it. I'm saving for another car. And it's going to be another civic(5th gen this time)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reliable, easy to mod, cheap, good gas mileage, and versatility. And nice body styles, well, 93-00 anyway (:

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
great mileage, the options for mod, and you can disassemble and reassemble with 1 set of metric wrenches.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
For me it's plain and simple, reliability, low cost to maintain no matter what year, unless you yourself really screw something up, safety, and perfomance.

barrett

Registered VIP
mileage, reliable, easy to mod (anything except the 9ths i guess), lots of aftermarket support, vtec, can be quick (not fast but quick), body lines are sexy (again on everything except 9th gens), and super safe. in my parents 8th gen DX-g I hit the back of a semi (who pulled onto the highway from the left cutting off all traffic) going fairly quickly, brother had a fractured pinky finger but thats it. wrote the car off but we were safe. only going honda because of that.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
economical-reliable

/thread.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gas mileage, plus since i sold my 95 a few years back I bitched about how much I missed it. So I bought a 2000

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the bodylines. Very easy to work on and get parts. They are fun to drive and i just love passing the gas stations!!

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
shapeliness, so sleek, always are the best looking ones when slammed ryt!, and still gets 35 mpg when moderatly modded. 6th gen hatch ftw, previously owned a 94 coupe. They can also be the best sleepers. People expect em all to be slow :drive: