Official WoW (world of warcraft) thread

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where do you find the ratio information? Seems like the sites I'm finding on Google aren't accurate...or at least don't appear to be. Or maybe you could find it for me. Eitrigg PvE.

In WotLK, Alliance outnumbered Horde like no other. The only time Horde won Wintergrasp was at night when everyone was sleeping lol. Also, I think the top realm guilds were mainly consisted of Alliance. But after Cata, it flipped over night. Horde dominate now :(. I used to want to go Horde but I've gotten to know so many people as Alliance, it'd suck to start back at zero. Plus I don't raid or care about gear. All I do (or did) is farm gold.
yea most PVE servers were dominated by alliance. Mug'thol is PVP so it;s always been more horde.

i tried to look up your server but it didnt have any data for it. or is too small /shrug

wintergrasp log. also a warrior.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised...

And holy :shock:. That's not fair lol.

Well my 7-day free trial ended last night. I was tempted to pay for the subscriptions but I didn't. Back to counter-strike for me.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sadly I've been playing...... Mainly LFR and trying to get some decent gear.

I love healing on my shaman. I usually out heal people better geared than me, especially on Ultraxion and Madness of Deathwing.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shamans are nice for spine. that totem that equals everyone health is super op. but in lfr i dont think it has the same abilities.

almost required for heroic though.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah spirit link totem is totally OP. I love watching the healing meters rocket when I use that with healing rain and chain heal.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I haven't touched WoW in months. I'll probably go back at some point, but I'm going to be trying out Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, and there's a chance I could switch over to that.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Guild Wars...yuck :lol:. I tried that (I think the first one) with some friends a long time ago and didn't like it. Everything seems like a copy of WoW...or maybe that's just because all I know is WoW :lol:.

A friend showed me Torch Light 2 and that actually looks interesting. He gave me a free copy of the first one and it's fun but it's only single player. 2 will be multiplayer. Graphics are kinda cheesy...it's just like Diablo 2.

And I did my first DS10 run last night with my 384 shammy. It was actually quite fun. I do miss raiding but I do not miss the 3-4 hour grind and constant wipes :???:.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I never tried guild wars, but I'm looking for a change from WoW. I get bored of it pretty quickly whenever I go back (1-2 months). I also think it'll be kind of nice starting fresh (along with the rest of the world) in a game. Not to mention the complete lack of a monthly subscription.. pretty excited about that too.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I never tried guild wars, but I'm looking for a change from WoW. I get bored of it pretty quickly whenever I go back (1-2 months). I also think it'll be kind of nice starting fresh (along with the rest of the world) in a game.
I hear yah. Starting fresh would be fun. That's why I'm kind of enjoying Torchlight even though it's single player. It's something new. You have to learn new controls, how to setup characters (like Diablo, have to + stats / skill trees), etc.

Not to mention the complete lack of a monthly subscription.. pretty excited about that too.
:thumbs up. Monthly subscription blows but I haven't found another game I enjoy as much as WoW.

Last edited:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea. I DO think it's worth it for WoW, based on the sheer amount of gaming hours you get from it. I mean, there have been months where I've locked around 100 hrs of gameplay. For $15, it's damn difficult to beat that. If it weren't for WoW, there would have been several other games I bought for $60, and ended up with only around 30-40 hrs of gameplay each. The value is definitely there with WoW, but if I can find a similar value without any monthly fees, then I'm all over it. Either way, we'll see. If Guild Wars doesn't live up to expectations, you can be sure I'll be right back on WoW when Mists of Pandaria hits.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15$ a month really isnt too much for what you get. I get more of out it than hulu/netflix or any online e-sports that im subscribed to.

and like joe said other video games cost 60 usually and you can beat them in 20 hours and unless you play multiplayer online there really isnt much replay value.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
True that. Definitely get a lot out of it.

I've slowly been leveling a priest... It really helps to dual box with my 85 lock that has a 2-person flying mount :lol:.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Priests > *

I had so much fun with my priest.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know a thing about priests which is what makes it exciting to play. Even though I'm not really playing it since I'm just using my 85 to kill everything for quests :lol:.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
questing is silly. im pretty sure ive done them all anyways.

this is just on one of my characters...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I loved playing a priest because they can actually single handedly influence a pvp battle. As dps, you have some very slight influence, but healers are really what make the difference. As far as questing goes, my disc priest was more than capable of killing anything it needed to kill for quests... no dps spec needed. And in dungeons, it could dps AND heal at the same time when things weren't too crazy, increasing the speed at which the group makes it through. So much fun.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm definitely going to heal when I hit 85. I'm not waiting in those absurd queue times as DPS. Would you recommend holy or disc for healing? I'll have to check out disc while I do 80-85.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
disc is better if you plan on doing any pvp as well. disc is more absorbs and holy has more aoe heals and stuff. really depends on your personal play style and raid makeup.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I won't be PvP'ing or raiding. Probably LFR at the most or a pug here and there but mostly random HoT's. Guess I'll dual spec both and go back and forth.