Official WoW (world of warcraft) thread

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
WoW has a storyline. It's actually interesting if you don't skip all the videos and read all the crap that NPC's say.

You can level from dungeons in WoW. You don't have to just quest. I don't know anything about WoW PVP but I think I saw someone say they leveled doing PVP as well...unsure of this one though. And millions of experience? Do you realize you can use 2 heirloom pieces that give +20% bonus experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests? And that you can get 25k-40k experience PER quest? It makes millions look like nothing lol. I got from 1-80 in just under 7 days play time.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
I got from 1-80 in just under 7 days play time.
I don't know what to say about this, too much time on your hands? Just remember that there is a world outside the window and it does exist :lol:

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hahaha, you can easily get a job to level 75, especially now. I now friends who do it leisurely in about two weeks.
FF games make me want to kill babies. Especially the new one.

For example, from level 74 to level 75 its about 46,000 experience in FF, however in WoW its freaking millions, MILLIONS! Its rediculous. Also WoW depends on quests and quest alone. At least from what I have played.
You also have to take into consideration that the play time for that 46,000exp is probably just as, if not longer to attain than say, 79 to 80 in WoW. Questing is cool, if you pay attention the first time you do it to what you're actually questing for. You can also do random dungeons now. That sure beats the hell out of questing imo, especially when you've done all the quests like 30 times on 30 different toons.

Personally I think WoW is for the less advanced gamer. Where as FF actually has a elite story line and battle system.
Negative. To be really good at WoW is to be well versed in everything the game has to offer, which includes Role Playing(lore, etc.), PvP, and PvE. And to be really good at PvE you have to be good at being a team player, which a lot of people lack the skill in. PvP is more of a one man wrecking crew, until you get into it seriously, then you do arenas and truly put your skills vs. their skills to the test. FF is a bunch of running around as a funny looking anime character listening to weird stories and doing odd things for weird looking people/things. I'm pretty sure my 10 year old sister could beat FF but if I sat her down at WoW, she would be confused as hell.

Now I will give it to WoW when it comes to PVP, other than quests I also believe that the PvP aspect is what drives the success of WoW. I have played WoW and I am not challenged by the game.
Im not knocking WoW's success because its obviously apparent that it done well. Surpassing every MMO in registered users.
I would have to say that 12million plus subscribers makes it successful, yes. The majority of people who played WoW when it first came out were the n3rds like myself, who played the s**t out of WC3 and WC3TFT, and that group of 2-3million told everyone about the expansiveness and how much fun it was, etc. I wouldn't say you're not challenged by it because you haven't experienced any part of the game but the initial dive into questing and leveling. Once you hit (insert level cap here) it becomes a whole new game that you can virtually never beat, and then it becomes a race to see who can be the best at what they do in the game, whether it be PvE or PvP.

It also does well because with every monthly subscription you get an 8ball of cocaine.

However I do not call myself and elite game either but I am an avid gamer.

On another note Square Enix just released news of the new level caps, the highest level to achieve will be 99 however they are going to break it down into 3 updates. The community thinks its going to go down as 85, somewhere between 90-95, then 99. Also to mention there is an additional three expansions that they are adding during that process.
I don't think anyone on this forum gets to be an elite gamer, unless they can prove they're making money playing games. The difference between you and me though? I play WoW for not only the PvE/PvP aspect, but the lore and story plus the never ending hilarity of trade chat, and you play FF(insert number 1-13 here) because you probably started playing them when OG ps1 was out. FF is not a whole lot different than WoW when it comes to updates, etc. We're rounding up on 3rd expansion, level cap of 85, new updates, professions, etc.

WoW has a storyline. It's actually interesting if you don't skip all the videos and read all the crap that NPC's say.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you knew that the lore extended way further back than just WoW.

I don't know anything about WoW PVP but I think I saw someone say they leveled doing PVP as well...unsure of this one though.
PvP is gangster. Only thing that has kept me in it this long. ICC was fun (/danceparty another raid instance) but pwning allies never gets old. Nor does the constant bickering about how much everyone else sucks at PvP because they're not capping enough bases or playing good enough defense. Try it, you'll dig it.

Honor ≠ Exp, to answer your question. Doing daily bg quests, killing npc's, critters in bgs, will field you exp. Not an efficient way of leveling. Lol.

I don't know what to say about this, too much time on your hands? Just remember that there is a world outside the window and it does exist :lol:
I have over 30+ days played time on my lock and my priest, but I have a life, go out on the weekends, etc. /played isn't consistent in game time, it's overall. I have played WoW way less than say, halo3 or Gears of War when they were popular.

I must have drank too much tonight if I picked apart that entire page. f**k me. :shock::lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha. I could've done it faster ;) lol. This was back when I was hardcore addicted. I'm getting back into it again since I finally found a raiding guild and finally raid ICC and ToTC.

Plus this was back when triple experience and grant-a-level from recruit-a-friend still existed. I have 2 days time played on my level 74 shaman because I went from 18 to 54 in 30 seconds lol.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Kswest you just made me LOL. All I can say is wow. But actually in a good party in FF to get from 74-75 can me done in <3 hours. Most party setups contain two bards or bard/nin and scholar/red mage.

The biggest turn off of WoW as well is the fact that you HAVE to have mulitple characters to play all the jobs. FF you only need one, not to mention you can play two jobs at once. Main job/Sub job. So there is no need to grind through the quests multiple times.

Actually I started playing FF when US FF2 hit the market many many years ago. Since then I have been a follower of the series.

.... because I went from 18 to 54 in 30 seconds lol.
Now how in the world din you manage a power level like that?

BTW what server are you guys on? I play on Wymrrest Accord.
FF I am on Asura.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The biggest turn off of WoW as well is the fact that you HAVE to have mulitple characters to play all the jobs. FF you only need one, not to mention you can play two jobs at once. Main job/Sub job. So there is no need to grind through the quests multiple times.
One word. Druid.

Recruit-A-Friend.

Antonidas. Don't go there. It sucks. Lol.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
I have a female Rogue, you should the idiots that are giving me gold all the time LOL

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

FF I am on Asura.
Before 3.2 (I think, if not, one of the 3.x patches) came out, if you did recruit-a-friend with someone, the person that recruited you could grant you x a mount of levels. So my friend was 50-something and I was 18. All you have to do is target the person, right click their target frame, and click grant a level. We just sat there and he granted me levels until level 54.

I play on Eitrigg, PvE server. Yeah, I don't like PvP. I rarely and I mean RARELY do it. The closest I get to PvP is dual boxing wintergrasp so I can get the honor to spend it on epic uncut gems to gem my gear up. I don't even fight 75%+ of the time. I just move every few minutes to keep going from AFK and getting kicked out haha.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's right motherfuckers.

[YOUTUBE="I play WoW"]ltM5jHIJFw4[/YOUTUBE]

chino(905)

i got a 70 taurin warrior epicd out and a 39 undead rogue but i gave up along time ago i only started the play when i broke my leg n couldt go anywhere

TazH

Oh god, not a World of Warcraft thread on clubcivic! I thought you all grew up by now? ha, jokes. :3

I use to be a bloody addict, and it DESTROYED ME, literally. Thank god I stopped, and now I have my baby to look after (Honda Civic). However, I did START AGAIN, like from the beginning ages ago. I have two characters with tier 2.5s. I couldn't be arsed to go through all the burning crusade or wrath of lich king. So i stayed at 60. If anyone wants to buy an account with fully loaded tier 2.5 warrior and warlock, come at me! D:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmmm let's see....

I started PvP'ing with a friend, doing 2v2's. It's SO much fun. I LOVE it. I suck at it but we make a decent team. Resto druid (him) and affliction warlock. I only have about 580 resilience but we're slowly building our gear.

Working on getting my shaman to 80. I just really want a decked out chain healing resto shaman. I'm sick of getting raped on healing meters in raids when I'm on my druid. Stupid chain healing lol.

Bought dual spec on my druid to be a boomkin and it's so easy, what a joke. But I absolutely love pulling 20k+ on trash in ICC.

Finally hit 5.6k GS on my pally on his holy set. Tank gear is still only at 5.3k.

I've barely touched my DK since it hit 80. I just do WG on him to get the honor so I can buy gems and s**t. I hate him lol.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My brother just hit 80 yesterday.

I'm dying to get back into this game. Every time my brother talks about his character, I feel like playing. Cataclysm needs to hurry its ass up.

VegasH22

I haven't played WoW In months. I stopped during my guilds ICC 10man groups. Just got bored after a while. I played on Nesingwary. Lvl 80 Pally, Lvl 80 Lock and Lvl 80 Rogue. Although I have been considering to start playing again if the Cata exp is worth getting. I just know ever server is gonna be flooded with worgens...just as DKs were.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My brother just hit 80 yesterday.

I'm dying to get back into this game. Every time my brother talks about his character, I feel like playing. Cataclysm needs to hurry its ass up.
True that. What'd he hit 80 on?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mal'ganis, Horde.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I started PvP'ing with a friend, doing 2v2's. It's SO much fun. I LOVE it. I suck at it but we make a decent team. Resto druid (him) and affliction warlock. I only have about 580 resilience but we're slowly building our gear.
Lol. f**k you John. I swear I had the argument with about how PvP sucked and you hated it and I said just try, you might actually like it. f**kin A man, f**kin A. What are you guys rated now? And 580resil is cool....If you like getting one shotted by rogues and warriors. ;)

Grind out the emblems of triumph for your furious glad stuff, grind BGs to get wrathful neck, back, wrists, and ring and the relentless waist and feet, and the battlemasters trink/insignia of the horde/alliance. Buy the other relentless ring if you don't have the ICC rep ring that is revered or better, if not, stick with the icc one. I personally have 1025 resil on my priest and I roll 2s with a holy pally. We faceroll any team that doesn't have a disc priest or a stupid shaman/hunter combo.

On a side note, this a link to my somewhat l33t priest.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Antonidas&name=evïl

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What kind of toon :P
Warrior, Fury I think? I don't know.. I know he's specced for DPS on both his specs. I'm not too familiar with warriors.