oh and turbo Prob>?

98wickedcivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh and i have another question, i have a t3/t4 and when the car is running it would have a whiteish oil burning smoke. when i took the turbo off, i have a very thick oil like not normal like thick thick stuff coming out of the exhaust, like i will have to take pics. but does this mean the seals are bad in the turbo?

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna say yea...you have a blown seal

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like if there is like any oil where it isnt supposed to be like in the exhaust... like a seal is blown like

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
blown seals and gaskets

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like if there is like any oil where it isnt supposed to be like in the exhaust... like a seal is blown like
lol i couldn't have said it better :haha:

anyways, is it water AND oil cooled? or just oil?

98wickedcivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its like a thick thick oil thats been burnt and just nasty thick no, no water or coolant. restrictor not sure

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its like a thick thick oil thats been burnt and just nasty thick no, no water or coolant. restrictor not sure
:smackself Sounds like you did not do your research. Did you install the setup yourself? And no, we are not asking if there is coolant or water leaking out, we are asking if the TURBO IS water cooled?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
honda oil pressure is to much for the turbo to handle and will blow a seal....UNLESS you have a restrictor.....if you dont have one maybe you will invest in one to save the seals next time....

98wickedcivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have some knowledge, but i just need some help on a few things. I know what it means if its water cooled. 14b is a water cooled/oil cooled unit. the t3/t4 application i have is oil cooled only. now restrictor wise i dont have.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so hey i have a 14b turbo, so do i need a resitrictor. I have the Stealthmode oil kit.....Would i need a resitrictor for my setup im doing in a few weeks????