Oh god......

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
SALINAS, Calif. --
A simple art project has turned controversial in Salinas after a student said her drawing of the American flag was deemed offensive, while another student's picture of President Obama was praised.

Tracy Hathaway said her art teacher at Gavilan View Middle School told her daughter she couldn't draw the American flag, calling the picture offensive.

Hathaway said they were floored when they heard the news and met with the teacher and principal at Gavilan View Middle School. When asked what she thought was offensive about drawing an American flag, the teacher didn't answer, Hathaway said.

The Hathaways now want an apology.

"From her teacher to just say 'I'm sorry for offending you' and saying this was 'offensive,' just a heart-felt apology is all I'm asking," Hathaway said.

The Hathaways said the issue isn't about race, but that racism has crept into the discussion after the school received more than 200 e-mails and phone messages, most of them containing hateful and racist comments.

"(Messages say) that we have violated that student's First Amendment rights and the so-called teacher needs to 'get the hell out of my country,'" said District Superintendent Mike Brusa.

Brusa also said another meeting is planned this week between the teacher, parents and Hathaway, and that an apology may be in order.

Although Brusa wouldn't discuss if any disciplinary action has been taken, or will be taken, the teacher involved wasn't on campus Monday.

What the f**k is up with Cali lately?

Here is a picture of the "offensive" drawing......

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd be proud of my daughter if she drew it.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k yea, I would too. And I would sue the school for harassment. And if I won, I would buy her that pony she always wanted. I find this absolutely absurd, and it pisses me off even more that s**t isnt done about it. Oh wow! The teacher is going to apologize!!!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lol what the f**k!!! You are such an a*****e......

......making me click the link, you should have embedded it :lol:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know how to do that s**t yo!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well you better say youre sorry........oh wait......

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Californians needs to quit limp wristing around and reclaim their state.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Okay seriously dude, who is that in your avatar? Just a picture you found online or your girl???

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what race was the teacher?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This is absolutely ridiculous, but also very serious. Wtf is wrong with people today?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow.... just wow is all I have to say. Drawing the canadian flag isn't illegal here apparently :D

dani92

5+ Year Member
loool In kindergarden we use to draw those huge Canadian flags and put them up on the wall ! wtf is wrong with those peeps ?