1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Oil in Coolant

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by DiabloStunts, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. DiabloStunts

DiabloStunts New Member

like it said..

I have oil in my coolant.. but no coolant in my oil.. i recently did an oil change to double check..

I keep looking it up on google and i see alot of people saying leaking head gasket..

does anyone have experience with this situation?

2. s_crowley 17

s_crowley 17 New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Most likely its a headgasket. I would replace it.. I had build up of oil in my coolant resevoir for months and other problems so i just bought a whole new motor.

3. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Replace the headgasket, check the head for warping and flush the coolant

4. ghost_xero

ghost_xero The Civic of Civics

omg bought a 94 honda with this issue, if u have white smelly smoke out the back then its a gasket for sure...but dont fret, if its a single overhead cam its easy cause u only have one to replace. it will take maybe...2 or 3 hours to replace,i literally bought the car 4 days ago....changed it and now im beasting all over town in it.....what u will need is a new head gasket, a new exhaust manifold gasket, a can of carb cleaner and some engine flush.