Oil leak.

InitialAce

Hello Everyone,

CAR: '93 Honda Civic DX

I have a leak of oil between the engine and the distributor. I have replaced the O-Ring and the problem is still there. How can I fix the problem?

THANX

RonJ

Banned
Did you install an OEM O-ring and coat it with oil prior to reinstalling the distributor? The leak could also be coming from the valve cover gasket.

Is there oil inside the distributor?

InitialAce

If I remember correctly there was a bit of oil to the lower part on the cap side. As far as the o-ring I couldnt get the exact one, everywhere I went were out of them or didn't carry it and the Honda parts was closed. So I bought a universal pack from Autozone.

RonJ

Banned
Go back to Honda when they're open and buy their O-ring.

RonJ

Banned
sorry to thread jack but ron is honda the best place to buy O-rings? cause i hate my local honda.....
It's a cheap part so you don't want to buy this type of OEM item online because the shipping charges would be more than the part, unless of course you are ordering other items to offset those extra charges. So in a case like this, it's generally less expensive to buy an O-ring from your local Honda dealer.

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
It's a cheap part so you don't want to buy this type of OEM item online because the shipping charges would be more than the part, unless of course you are ordering other items to offset those extra charges. So in a case like this, it's generally less expensive to buy an O-ring from your local Honda dealer.
i understand.... just wish the one thats closest to my house wasnt such a ick faced itch -_- thanks for the advice good luck with your problem initialAce

InitialAce

When placing the distributor back to the engine does silicone have to be applied? 'cause when I first removed it, it looked like it had some old silicone.