Oil on turbo (pic inside)

zach1288

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the oil looks to be coming from here(in red circle) on the compressor? I do not blow any smoke when i drive?

zach1288

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the seal was bad wouldn't the car smoke?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
actually my guess would be the oil bearings/seals in it....does the turbo have any shaft play ?? what kind of turbo is it ??

is there any oil on the compressor blades ?? or in that area...??

take off the coupler thats on there and see if there is any oil in the compressor housing...

zach1288

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
actually my guess would be the oil bearings/seals in it....does the turbo have any shaft play ?? what kind of turbo is it ??

is there any oil on the compressor blades ?? or in that area...??

take off the coupler thats on there and see if there is any oil in the compressor housing...
Its a greddy td04, there is no shaft play and i do not see any oil on the blades?

The weird thing is the car never uses an oil?

boosted92EG6

5+ Year Member
clean the oil off the compressor. Do a full 4th gear runs to build alot of oil pressure. if it comes out after the pulls its most likely normal. The oil pressure builds up and when you let off the throttle the rpm' of the turbo slow down leaving the oil no where to go but out the seals.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
clean the oil off the compressor. Do a full 4th gear runs to build alot of oil pressure. if it comes out after the pulls its most likely normal. The oil pressure builds up and when you let off the throttle the rpm' of the turbo slow down leaving the oil no where to go but out the seals.
I'm pretty sure the oil is NOT supposed to leak out of the turbo seals normally..

boosted92EG6

5+ Year Member
Actually it does under high oil pressure. My prescision SC6262 was leaking oil. only after runing the car. I've owned plenty of turbo's that do the same thing. If its leaking while not under boost then thats bad. Prescision, Greddy, HKS all the major manufactuers will tell you the same thing.