oil sandwich plate woes

EK1.6LCIV

bustin' out the OEM goodz
5+ Year Member
Ok, so awhile ago I bought an aftermarket sandwich plate, you know just to get a reading of the oil pressure etc.

Anyway the damn thing is leaking atm, was considering using rtv or hondabond on the gasket in conjunction with it to make it seal better

do others experience these leaks, I'm just over it hey and looking at not bothering with the whole thing lol

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used a Greddy sandwich place on my turbo set up and it never leaked one drop. No gasket sealer or anything.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wrapped my bolts with that silicone stuff that plumbers use on water pipes to stop leaks. ive not had a oil leak since installing it (or ever for that matter) some 25k miles ago.

EK1.6LCIV

bustin' out the OEM goodz
5+ Year Member
wasn't the bolts that were leaking, used thread tape on those, was just the gasket. It flattened to about the same level the sump gaskets do. So, after I posted up I removed the fresh oil (only drove it for about 3 days), filter (threw it out as I have alot of filters), and firstly checked the bolt on the sandwich plate, correct torque, then removed it, gave everything a good clean and put a thin layer of hondabond on it (and the damn oil filter, really can't see the harm, bit of a trial). Reattached everything and we'll see how we go. Just changed the sump gasket on the d16y8 so there's no more leaks if this fixes this leak, lol.