Ok ok stop being jerks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
diving a car and putting one together is different. actual use versus construction is different.

keeping on your gun comparison, you can read and put a gun together perfectly rather than trying to figure out how you managed to put it together with the slide hammer still on the table and going back to do it right.

Keller

Never had a problem putting a old Chevy or a gun back together but these Hondas are sure different what I don't know much about it's the high tech s**t I'm really good at reverse engineering anything and I actually did do a lot of searching and reading before I got my Honda I'm just saying real world experiences and understanding something is completely different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get you, but you don't need real world experiences to select proper parts and even put them together. you need real experience when there are constant variables. Again like with the gun, shooting it raises variables, trigger sensitivity, recoil, your positioning etc. when you build something, it follows strict instruction all day everyday. what you do with it once it's built is when variables kick in.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
point is u can read all the books in the world on guns and I've never read one and i bet i can out shoot u. The best way to get experience is to just do it

:roll:

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ugh... here we go again... time to quell the noob....

Rushing into it and throwing china chargers on honda motors equal one thing, blown motors.

The reason you go for quality compressors vs ebay when it comes to turbo setups isn't the ability to compress air, it's for the consistency. The reason ebay turbos get bad reviews and blow motors is the tolerances and cheap parts used to construct them, making them leak boost, overheat and spike harder then a rookie in the NFL.

Defending something you have little experience with is just retarded.

Don't get me wrong, for parts that don't matter so much in a build go for ebay parts all day; charge piping, filters, hell even intercoolers, but for anything that matters in the build: injectors, compressor(s), bov, wastegate, couplers, clamps, sandwich plates, piped pans and throttle bodies I'd stay away from ebay altogether.

But working on an old chevy is a world away from an aluminium block, high revving, fuel injected, variable lobe, dual cam, computer controlled vehicle, honda, mitsubishi, etc... Don't even get into the tuning aspect, and it's not as simple as a jet and a test drive like any of the 4 barrel projects you reference.

The first stop should be education, especially when going into the forced induction world with these types of cars. You can take that "real world experience" view if you'd like to, but all it would do is cost you 20 times the money and time spent then if you were to do it right the first time.

But hell, I've only been building boosted Hondas for 5 years, what do I know... oh right, that I started with a book, not a wrench.

Keller

I'm not sayin I know everything about hondas ive done a lot of searching and reading because this isn't my comfort zone but I wanna be able to build all cars and my project now is a 95 civic but I know ppl that run eBay s**t and I know it's crappy but ppl get hella pissy about them if u got some crappy Honda ur throwing junkyard parts I think it would be a good idea myself I know better but some ppl r just rude about the idea at all I'm here to learn and show what I'm about to do just an opinion I have on crappy parts if u don't care do it

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are parts and items that you can find on eBay that are great. And some not so great. Turbo kits are just part of the not so great list. Having knowledge with cars varies person to person. Some people learn better one way than the other. I have 0 book experience and I've been working on cars for almost 10 years ranging from starlets, civics, integras, and supra. There are things that I wish I had bits and pieces of info but I find that reading and learning others experiences help me more. And if I can't find help anywhere I find my own way to do it. Once you really get into the mechanical portion of a car, things are similarso sometimes you just have to improvise.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If you can't learn to use a period or a capital letter, I can't learn to take this thread seriously. Once again CHILD has given all the advice you need to keep your motor intact.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
then just do what you want, you seem like you made up your mind from the beginning so what is the whole point?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
eBay turbos: Oil seals go boom, BOVs and wastegates get stuck. Replace those and sure you've got a decent low budget setup, but you need the support to be quality parts, pump, injectors, tuning, etc...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everybody wants to learn the caveman way....
"try, fail, revise, fail, revise, realize the time and money wasted, bash noobs for using this method."

its a bit annoying
Want to steal for signature.

Keller

Well I thought the support was common sense but u have basically explained what I've been saying if u wanna take the risk man But common sense anit so common anymore

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Buying a partially used turbo off ebay could be worth it.. but not an ebay brand turbo.

Keller

I know they aren't great but they. Ain't that bad I know ppl that put civics together from junkyards that run eBay s**t just tryin to tell the people that tell ppl there dumb and be rude about it to chill everyone knows u get what u pay for but ppl on there's forms can be damn rude something's expecaly to noobs like me

But to all of u thank u for the pretty warm welcome