Okay guys, carbon fiber hood is on the way......... HOOD PINS???

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, how can you not know what you're doing with four bolts?

Seriously though, I mean you might as well stop now with modifying your car if you can't get this done. I'm not trying to rag on you, but I mean you'll save ALOT of money in the end.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's a little tricky with one person but can be done.

some shop just made $100 bolting on 4 bolts. a sucker is born every minute.

psychotic_civic

You dont have ANY friends?....well quit bieng a dickhead:lol:

I put hoods on my ride all the time by my lonely...i have tons of friends to help but why when its a one man job and takes a whole 5 minutes. hold the hood up with your shoulder and hand tighten one screw on one side, then set it down and start one on the other side, holding it up with your shoulder....then see if it latches and make adjustments if necessary then tighten them bitches down and install the last two....DONE

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t, fellas. Insurance is paying for it. Minus well get a pro, warranty, guaranteed work, etc etc...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good call then I guess :thumbup:

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NO to hood pins, I remember the day I bought my hood and some sparco hood pins. The day I put on the hood I immediately was going to return the hood pins...it looked too clean to ruin it.

vid_man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NO hood pins... they are soo played out they look tacky now

jdm18c

5+ Year Member
go with hood pins i didnt get hood pins and rocked 120+ on the highway and it broke free and flew off dont risk it. CF hoods are expensive hood pins are and insurance policy for you hood

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
everyone has there opinons on hood pins but i think if you have cf, then use em, i dont care how good the latch is spose to be , like jdm said its insurance, id rather be "tacky" or whatever, than chance replacing a windsheild and repairs on my roof, if u dont like them silver or whatever color,just paint them black then they wont stand out, thats what im about to do just havent got around to it yet